Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Water Cooler Jump to new posts
SSN's Schneider goes from mono to stereo to quad Hambrabi 04/20/24 02:29 PM
0 1 Read More
Home Theater Jump to new posts
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) chapin99 04/16/24 09:48 AM
Thanks! I will scour the menu. This unit is from 2010 and uses audessey multi xt - may be long in the tooth by now, but I am going to check into this. I appreciate the input.
2 102 Read More
Re: Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) rrlev 04/16/24 04:00 AM
I think some higher end AVRs and preprocessors have the ability to save more than one speaker setup (including different calibrations). Remember something about it being used by someone to compare what he could get from audacity’s room cal to Dirac live’s.

Don’t know much more about it and I’m not even sure if it works the way I think it does … but check it out and report back ….

on the AV10 (Marantz) it’s called “Speaker Preset”. You might find it else where too … but that’s the unit he was using.
2 102 Read More
Multichannel music in quad (quadio releases) chapin99 04/15/24 06:32 PM
Hi. I have had a conundrum for quite some time. I have Axiom m80s for front channels. I’ve got the center channel and the QS eights for rear which are posted on the sides of the room and an EP 500 subwoofer. I also have a pair of of M 22 Ti’s in the rear for 7.1 home theater. The problem is that I enjoy SACDs and DVDs audios and blu-rays of new releases of original quadraphonic music, which is 4-channel. Is there some way to deactivate the qs-8s while listening to surround sources? Quad just does not sound right coming from the QS eights instead of from behind. And actually the multi channel releases to me would sound better with rear channels instead of side channels. I don’t know if anybody else has experienced this but it’s been kind of a conundrum for a while for me. I have a vintage set up and can listen to the original sources but the remasters and many of these are wonderful and so simple to use but I would like to be able to enjoy them on my Axiom Audio system. I use a Denon 4310 receiver and oppo 203 player for this. For stereo from my rega p6 and other stereo sources, my music is wonderful, but the setup is not so good for my other listening. Any ideas for me? I appreciate any suggestions and opinions you may have. Thanks a bunch!
2 102 Read More

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hambrabi), 418 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup