AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
3 registered (James_N, exlabdriver, Serenity_Now), 37 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,374 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,179 Topics
410,072 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17900
pmbuko 16341
SirQuack 13357
CV 11458
MarkSJohnson 11156
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Maybe I should start a v4.0 build thread somewhere by Serenity_Now @ 11 minutes 17 seconds ago

Bump for updates. (Didn't seem right this thread was 6 pages deep.) Any thoughts on what/when you will be looking into immersive stuff? Are you going to try DTS:X with a standard layout first? Ie. No height channels immediately. I'm on a dealers
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Who said cat's are easy by exlabdriver @ Today at 03:32 PM

Further to my last. I forgot that we really have 5. Additionally we have one Feral Gray Tuxedo that we call Tommy who we feed & provide a yard to hang out in. Unfortunately, our Tuxedo hates him so there is a continual war going on between the
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Who said cat's are easy by exlabdriver @ Today at 02:40 PM

We have 4 'Rescued' Cats (3 White ones & 1 Tuxedo). Actually, 2 adopted us, ha! I fully agree - herding & feeding them throughout the day can be a chore. Then try to get them in at night!! All 4 of them seem to overreact if another gets i
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Time to buy a new laptop by michael_d @ Today at 01:55 PM

Bought a HP Envy, 15" screen. i7 / 8meg / 1T. That's the only one they had at Best Buy, and the others stores didn't have crap. No wonder on-line shopping is killing stores. I really, really wanted to buy the HP Spectre 360, but the screen is ju
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Who said cat's are easy by oakvillematt @ Today at 01:54 PM

Almost 3 years ago we got two cats. A female calico that was 2 years old, and a male (part siamese) that was 8 months. They lived together happily up until this weekend. As the two cats were shedding quite profusely, I took each of them out onto t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ Today at 01:47 PM

Yup. Today on VR Island, the sun is mostly blocked by forest fire smoke that has permeated high into the atmosphere. This condition is keeping the temps in check which is a relief from the 28 to 33C temps daily that we've been experiencing for the
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Ordering Receiver Today -- Any Last Advice? by DrStrangeQuark @ Today at 01:36 PM

Quick update -- Couldn't wait any more to try the Marantz out, and I wanted to have it ready to go for when the speakers arrive -- currently in Houston, which is the nearest Fedex distribution/sort center. I brought our Mirage FRX-one bookshelves up
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by DrStrangeQuark @ Today at 11:26 AM

Matt -- I understand completely. Looking forward to following your conclusions. Cheers --
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by oakvillematt @ Today at 06:48 AM

Surrounded by water, but not a drop to drink
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by oakvillematt @ Today at 06:43 AM

I don't think that there is any chance that the LFRs are heading back to Axiom for a trade or to be sold. They are here to stay. I also don't doubt that adding the subs will help improve the sound. By how much is the ultimate question. The point
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by DrStrangeQuark @ Yesterday at 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By Mojo"I am looking forward to some real listening soon ... at some level, nothing up to that point really matters." Oh come on! You of all people know that nothing really matters because there is no matter. The experien
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by Mojo @ Yesterday at 04:41 PM

"I am looking forward to some real listening soon ... at some level, nothing up to that point really matters." Oh come on! You of all people know that nothing really matters because there is no matter. The experience you call "real li
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results, or EP800? worth it? by DrStrangeQuark @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By oakvillematt I am well in driving distance to visit Axiom. I am wondering if it is worth the trip up and see if I can do a blind listening test for the M80 vs LFR1100 and with/without the EP500 in the mix. Matt -- I understand
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by casey01 @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By exlabdriverI'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Ha!! That's great! Another 'syndrome' that our governments will dream up to establish more social programs to help the 'afflicted' & 'most vulnerable'... TAM
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by DrStrangeQuark @ Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By exlabdriverI'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

Old age cures one from ever wanting to unnecessarily move heavy items - especially to other rooms. My EP-800s (110 Lbs each) are sitting right where we (my wife & I) originally placed them. They work just fine where they are, flanking the M22s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AH #1? by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:13 PM

With our 2 month drought out here on VR Island with no end in sight, Stage 3 Watering Restrictions were imposed yesterday - no lawn watering. So in a couple of weeks, it won't matter if anyone walks on my lawn as sadly it will be burnt up, brown &a
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Mojo @ Yesterday at 01:53 PM

That's right...be happy with what you've got. Don't you dare move M80s into that room because then you'll get upgraditis :-).
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 01:39 PM

I'm sure glad that I can buy stuff & on the most part be most happy with my purchases. This continual 'second guessing' & 'buyers' remorse' syndrome thankfully just isn't part of my makeup. Striving for the next few of percent of performa
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by Lampshade @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the name....but I recovered when I realized it wasn't Billy Squire.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by Mojo @ Yesterday at 01:22 PM

I should have been more clear. In my room, for music, an M80v2 pair without a sub is substantially better than an M22v2 pair with an EP600v2. Sub or no sub, the M22v2 sounded too thin and lacked presence compared to the M80v2. For movies, I could liv
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By MojoI haven't heard the M50 but I know that an M22 with a sub is not the same as an M80 - not even close! Whether you have an M80, M100, LFR100 or Model T, a sub is a whole new experience. I am not sure what your conclusion wa
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: No sub to EP500 results. by GregLee @ Yesterday at 12:21 PM

Though I have an ep500, I haven't done the listening tests that would help me answer your questions from my own experience. From my reading on audio, I've concluded that (1) everyone needs a sub, (2) several moderate quality subs of varying types in
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Chris Squire by Rock_Head @ Yesterday at 12:08 PM

Kanye West is a legend in his own mind
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.