AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (MarkSJohnson, oakvillematt), 50 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13365 Members
11 Forums
23108 Topics
408599 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17868
pmbuko 16326
SirQuack 13356
CV 11413
MarkSJohnson 11080
Meanwhile On Facebook

Any roadies / concert lovers out there think this is as cool as I do?

󾓶Ay, caramba! Our 'sneak peek' announcement in this morning's newsletter genera...

󾔸 Testing various operating systems with our new High Power Computer Speakers t...

Kick it up for Tone!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by oakvillematt @ 4 minutes 33 seconds ago

hopefully in a few weeks we will also find out what that price is for? Do you get the battery with that or is it a base price + extras? I hope they put out all the spec's including the sound profile graph. The biggest question is how it sounds.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Alan's Birthday by Lampshade @ 43 minutes 36 seconds ago

Happy Birthday to my favorite Axiom person!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by newf @ Today at 07:59 PM

I really envy you guys that have the opportunity to go to these blind tests and sample some of the best/popular stuff out there. I'm too isolated here.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Samsung or LG TV? Which is better? by newf @ Today at 07:53 PM

It is certainly a preference thing. I personally can not look at a LCD anymore. I purposely bought a f8500 last year knowing that plasma's were being phased out and I was afraid my existing Panny Plasma would not make it to the time when affordable
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Today at 07:37 PM

I will definately post pics. I'm planning a " never before seen" HT/ Bar build to turn some heads lol. I've been stuck at AVS for a long time. I promise to contribute to the Axiom forum a lot more. Thanks again for the advise!
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Office sound system retrofit by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:23 PM

Usually in ceilings are used in commercial tenant spaces. But... I've been to many stores and pubs where wall mounted bookshelves were used with fantastic results. As for stereo vs mono, usually all speakers are ran in mono so panning across the ro
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:12 PM

Glad to help. Your fee is sharing pics when youre done! Welcome to the Axiom boards!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by CV @ Today at 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: IanThe price will be $799. Not a bad price, considering. It has a lot to offer.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by Ian @ Today at 05:01 PM

One of the things we wanted in the name was to get the exact URL and AxiomAeris fulfilled that requirement.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Today at 04:07 PM

Thanks Serenity. I am leaning towards the VP160 now. Makes a tiny bit more sense to have a horizontal speaker firing towards the listeners at that elevation during a movie. If you placed a middle M60 for a centre channel, the lower drivers will be ai
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by oakvillematt @ Today at 04:01 PM

That is very interesting. I never would have thought it. I really need to do more reading up on the Dolby PLiiZ. I will have to see my Marantz AV7005 handles that mode when playing back items encoded in DTS as that seems to be the vast majority of
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 432 Hz by CV @ Today at 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: DrStrangeQuarkCV -- thanks for the original post. Hope that was interesting, although perhaps you knew most/all of it very well already! Ha ha, no. While I enjoy music, I've never learned anything about what goes into it.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by BobKay @ Today at 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: bridgmanThe what ? Guessing these are the wireless speakers ? Was there an announcement of naming that I missed ? I guess informing us beforehand that none (as is "not one") of us had won, would be to infer, by defi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by alan @ Today at 01:43 PM

You are correct, JC. With front height speakers, we are talking ambient material that is NOT hard-mixed in the mixing theater. The QS-8 or QS-4 will always deliver very effective ambient reinforcement and even specific hard-mixed sounds when required
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by brendo @ Today at 01:40 PM

I am currently using my M3 as front height, in a 7.2 tried as rears. But find more sound stage with them as heights. Have M22 as front VP160 center M3 surround Don't have any of the Qs yet
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: 432 Hz by DrStrangeQuark @ Today at 12:33 PM

I had never heard of this "movement" -- good name for it. The author does a very nice job deconstructing it. The important thing is relative relationships between frequencies, not absolute frequencies. And there is certainly nothing
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by Ian @ Today at 10:32 AM

We are planning on having the final look for the UI done in the next two weeks and I will post a link to it so everyone can see the functionality. It does include the ability to group rooms together to form a zone. The price will be $799.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by Jc @ Today at 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: oakvillemattI would not use QS8 or QS4 speakers for heights.. . Hi Matt, I have installed several systems with both QS4 and QS8 as heights and they performed beautifully for Dolby Pro Logic PLIIZ for movies.For music
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by Serenity_Now @ Today at 08:58 AM

They dont do it because pans across the front soundstage arent as smooth when the tweeters are not at the same height. Placing the CC above the other tweeter heights may reduce the seamless presentation and increase the likelihood of timbre matching
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by 69glamboy @ Today at 08:31 AM

I should have included a bit more info maybe. I will be listening to lots of two channel music where I will have my L/ R speakers flanking outside my screen on a front stage. Most likely the listener will be myself in the sweet spot in the front row
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: front height channels by oakvillematt @ Today at 07:46 AM

I would not use QS8 or QS4 speakers for heights. The QS8 make a great ambient non directional sound for surrounds. The do such a great job that the rear set of speakers don't seem to get much use and our ears are not all that good at locating sound
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by Serenity_Now @ Today at 07:41 AM

I will have the option to use an existing horizontal CC or lose my rear surrounds in favour of having three matching towers behind the screen. This will give me a bed of 5 vs 7 channels. I'm tinkering with the idea of doing this and moving the CC
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M60 for centre channel- AT screen positioning by oakvillematt @ Today at 07:38 AM

Perhaps I am off base and just not knowing.. But if you have an issue with the tweeter for the center speaker and the second row, would you not have the exact same issue for the Left and Right speaker also? The Center is not like a Sub where you
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So who wants to order the Axiom Aeris? by Serenity_Now @ Today at 07:33 AM

Can more than one be configured together as a zoned system?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts 432 Hz by CV @ Today at 04:08 AM

Not surprising, but here's a musical concept I had been oblivious to. Hertz So Good? 432Hz Examined.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.