You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ 52 minutes 29 seconds ago

Edit: I made a mistake to my previous post. I assumed that Axiom had the M22 in its list of cabinet speakers. I would still appreciate a sound comparison between the M22's bookshelves with plugs and on-wall speakers.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ Yesterday at 04:59 PM

TDIPablo, aarons I am happy that your are chiming back. You and all here are providing me with tremendous help, steering me in the right direction. TDIPablo, I agree I should order plugs. aarons, I like your suggestion it kind of brings me back to
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by aarons @ Yesterday at 04:02 PM

You may get the desired result just pulling the speakers out an inch or two especially if you are plugging the ports. Also another possibility is to close off those cabinet spaces so they are flush with the wall and installing M22 on wall speakers.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by TDIPablo @ Yesterday at 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By CognoquestTDIPablo, in regards to having port plugs for the M22's, yes & no. I am using 3/4 inch pipe insulation cut in half, rolled to fit in the ports of the speakers. I am not certain that my DIY port plugs qualify? Th
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

TDIPablo, aarons thank you for your comments, TDIPablo, in regards to having port plugs for the M22's, yes & no. I am using 3/4 inch pipe insulation cut in half, rolled to fit in the ports of the speakers. I am not certain that my DIY port p
Home Theater
The M22's are nice and as long as they are in good shape keeping them is a solid choice. I really like bridgmans idea of install in sliding shelves inside of the existing bookshelves so you could slide the speakers out when in use. I purchased indu
Home Theater
Jump to new posts JVC pj - HD Fury Vertex VERSUS Apple TV by aarons @ 06/19/18 04:21 PM

This might be a specific problem that may or may not belong on this forum but since there is an apple device section I figured I'd try. Also posting here as many who have posted here have a vast knowledge that I would like to take advantage of...
Apple Devices
Jump to new posts Apple TV HDR issue with JVC and HD Fury vertex by aarons @ 06/19/18 04:15 PM

This might be a specific problem that may or may not belong on this forum but since there is an apple device section I figured I'd try. I have a JVC DLA X750R pj. I am running an Apple TV 4k through my Yamaha RX A3050 receiver. My specific project
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by TDIPablo @ 06/19/18 12:57 PM

Do you have port plugs for the M22's? Seeing as you will have a massive EP-500 to do bass duties, plugging up the port at the back of the M22 would reduce the need to pull them out too far and help minimize weird sound dynamics. If you don't have p
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ 06/19/18 09:49 AM

bridgman, thank you for all the feedback, especially the link about Absorption Coefficients, quite interesting. About Zen-Beau our kitty cat, I know it seems for unknown reason to me like that one has taken up yoga?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by bridgman @ 06/19/18 01:36 AM

Thanks for the additional pictures - that helps a lot. I have to admit my first thought when you said "the bookshelves are the wall; removing them would be a big job" was "hey that means they would both come out at the same time"
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ 06/18/18 12:53 PM

Wow all great suggestions you have. The only difficulty is I have to make sure that I do not end up sleeping in the dog house sharing her home. I love this little project but keeping my marriage intact would also be nice. Yes, I have just given away
Home Theater
Hi, No one has mentioned area rugs, and I don't see any in the pictures. As lovely as wood floors are, several thick area rugs can be very effective acoustic absorbers, or thick carpet, and also thick curtains when they're partly or fully closed are
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by bridgman @ 06/16/18 12:53 PM

OK,let's see... First, you didn't mention if anyone had a strong sentimental attachment to the bookcase. If not, then that makes one part of your task a lot easier. Find another place somewhere else in the house for the bookcase, hang the TV on the
Home Theater
Ha! I completely missed your link with photos. Now that others have commented I saw it and see what you mean. I agree your room will be a much bigger impact on the sound you have than a change from the M22 to another version or even the M5. Id pu
AxiomAir General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: What DAC is used? by purist @ 06/16/18 12:47 AM

Basically I took a raspberry pi 3 I had laying around, loaded the Max2Play image, go to the Raspberry settings tab and select the Audiophonics device from the dropdown. All you need to do then is reboot. Now go to the squeezebox server tab and inst
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by nickbuol @ 06/15/18 09:05 PM

That is a tough layout. Lots of glass, and I mean a LOT of glass. That will bounce around an unwanted amount of sound energy in the room, and the more speakers you add, the more muddled it will be. You will have peaks and nulls all over the place,
Home Theater
Please, please tell me that in this wonderful place you have, you've planned for a dedicated audio or A/V room. If not, you can buy the best speakers in the world, and it won't make a damned bit of difference compared to spending $140 on a pair of B
Home Theater
Any chance you can upload some photos of the proposed spaces (bookshelves) for your New speakers?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Reviving a Subwoofer from five year retirement by MatManhasgone @ 06/15/18 04:43 PM

Also, the EP500 is a sealed unit, where the EP175 is a ported. Not that any of the Axiom subs huff, but I found that the sealed units give a much more integrated sound with my speakers than I have ever achieved from a ported sub.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts What would you do, home theater 101 questions? by Cognoquest @ 06/15/18 03:20 PM

I have multiple questions and most likely of basic knowledge nature. I need some help walking through all the speaker types for a room: Family Room Plan. I wish to start with the front speakers: fl, fr & center and will trickle through the othe
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Reviving a Subwoofer from five year retirement by TDIPablo @ 06/15/18 02:27 PM

My pleasure Cognoquest. In 24 days, I'm driving up to Dwight, ON, to pick-up my new EP-500. Like you, I am upgrading from an EP-175 and the trade-up offer from Axiom was too go to refuse! I'm looking forward to my Axiom tour and hope to be able to
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Reviving a Subwoofer from five year retirement by Cognoquest @ 06/15/18 09:47 AM

Hello MatManhasgone, Adrian, TDIPablo, BBIBH and bridgman, Very nice of you spending the time to share your thoughts to my question, much appreciated. I too was/am leaning towards the purchase of the EP500 and your feedback is a confidence booster.
AxiomAir General Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: New Firmware anytime soon? by jmone @ 06/15/18 03:58 AM

Hi Ian, Can you comment on what the future holds (or does not hold) for updates to the AA? Thanks Nathan
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Reviving a Subwoofer from five year retirement by bridgman @ 06/15/18 12:21 AM

Another vote for EP500. I'm not sure it will move more air than 2 EP175's, but the DSP and the extended frequency response would make the decision for me. My feeling is that mixing subwoofers is not a bad thing... says the guy with mixed subwoofers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Forum Stats

15,238 Registered Members
15 Forums
24,017 Topics
424,288 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13571