Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,368 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,137 Topics
409,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17881
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11437
MarkSJohnson 11106
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Over Ear Headphones by Socketman @ Today at 08:49 PM

So its summer and I like to listen to music while I walk the dog but ear buds just are not cutting it. I am looking for an over the ear headphone that is not too big and is decently light. I listen mostly to classic rock so the midbass the kick drum
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ Today at 07:43 PM

I thought about the 4 out of 7 channel aspect. My amp has separate 1.5 kva transformers for the left and right channels with the center channel drawing from both. So I believe you are right when you say it's more like 300w 4 channels driven, and that
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by oakvillematt @ Today at 07:25 PM

I think I can chime in as I live about 45min from Niagara Falls, so I know the area very well. I'd agree with Shawn that Niagara is a beautiful place to visit if you have never seen it. It has some lovely parks and lots of the really cheesy touris
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by oakvillematt @ Today at 07:05 PM

My room is larger than yours @ 16.5'x17'x 8' ceilings. Effectively your amp has 20w more than mine by Arcam's specs. I had never gotten my receiver up above -10 db before it simply just started to sound excessively loud. Once I did go up to -5 db
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ Today at 06:34 PM

"you're gonna hear electric music, solid walls of sound"
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:30 PM

For anyone following along, and buildng or planning to build, an hour a night plus every Saturday moves things along nicely without feeling too overwhelming. I'm starting to reach the point of just wanting to be done already. Burnout. Until now, I'
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ Today at 06:24 PM

Thanks J. B. for the advice and link to your system. My system: Arcam BDP300 dvd/cd Arcam P777 amp Marantz AV7701 processor Monster 5100mkII power cond Panamax 5100 power cond PS3/4 LFR1100v4 VP180HPv4 QS8v4x2 SVS SB13ultra sub Audioquest, MIT and Ki
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:16 PM

The speaker cockpit!! I still cant imagine leaving that room without a nosebleed. But seriously, anything worth doing is worth over doing! Awesome!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:13 PM

Fascinating. Thanks for the info on the lac beetle. Cool.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Serenity_Now @ Today at 06:10 PM

Blocking, eh? Kind of a distinguished honor to know your affect was real to someone. Better than the usual crickets I guess. I'm riding out the hump until some new blood joins. Kind of hard to learn with anyone when nothing is happening..... R
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 06:10 PM

I was going to "follow" you, Bob, but I was concerned you might take my enjoyment of sticking my blowpipe into a glory hole the wrong way.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 06:03 PM

I have Peter blocked. Is he still using me as his forum punching bag?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by BobKay @ Today at 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By LampshadeMy wife wants me to take her to Canada next month. We live near Boston. She wants to drive to Niagra Falls and then to Montreal and then back home. For about a week. I am not crazy about the idea. Seems like too much d
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ Today at 05:33 PM

A little over 5 years ago, when I was new here, a whole bunch of people made fun of my recommendation that one cleans all shellac-based products with denatured alcohol. Really; posts of moving images of "me" on fire, the whole lot. The tr
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ Today at 05:22 PM

Would someone ask Mark to PM me? I have him blocked.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ Today at 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By Serenity_NowI figured I'd go with your advice cause you are in the know. The kisses and hugs confused me. Are you off your meds? Call someone an asshole, quick!! Good Ole Bob. Thanks for looking out! They were for everyo
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By BobKay Edit: Of course, I'm still counting those who have me "blocked." Did someone say something?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by Serenity_Now @ Today at 05:15 PM

I figured I'd go with your advice cause you are in the know. The kisses and hugs confused me. Are you off your meds? Call someone an asshole, quick!! Good Ole Bob. Thanks for looking out!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by BobKay @ Today at 05:14 PM

Whoa! There are 5 people online simultaneously. Lately, there have been that set of "hips" quite a lot, as in, Who's Online (). Edit: Of course, I'm still counting those who have me "blocked."
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Removing stickers before staining by BobKay @ Today at 05:06 PM

TREVOR! DO NOT DO THOSE THINGS! They will leave residue behind in the pores and grain lines of the wood. That's exactly what you are trying to avoid! Since it's all about poison at this point, if the den. alc. and some gentle sanding doesn't work, g
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by mrspeeed @ Today at 02:50 PM

TroyD, I wanted to comment on a point you made with Axiom pricing itself with the competition. I agree. I am in the same boat with you starting over and I am also doing a 7.2.4 with 4 in-ceiling speakers. A few years ago Axiom would have been my d
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 01:27 PM

Chris, that's essentially what I did for the last Axiom bash. Joyce and I drove to Niagara Falls for a couple of days, then I drove up to Axiom. After Axiom, I came home via Ottawa, Quebec, and entered northern VT. I enjoy driving, and my trip was
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by Adrian @ Today at 12:54 PM

I agree with the "one or the other" comments, too much driving. If it were me, I'd hit Niagara for a couple of days, then head to Toronto for the "mythical Asian markets" which are abundant in the world's most multicultural city
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by exlabdriver @ Today at 12:45 PM

Jeez, our annual fall road trips encompass 3000 to 5000 miles, taking 2 to 3 weeks & we luv it!! Mind you our trips are out on the lonely roads of the Desert SW & we avoid big cities whenever we can. We picnic at lunch & motel it for ac
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Help me plan a trip to Montreal. by real80sman @ Today at 12:05 PM

That is a crazy amount of driving. I would definitely choose one or the other, as most of the stretch from NF to Montreal is long and has nothing to see. But then again, I would have 3 kids in a mini-van. Neither are exactly ideal for an "exc
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.