Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
3 registered (exlabdriver, eman, fredk), 37 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,379 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,197 Topics
410,715 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17923
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11462
MarkSJohnson 11187
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Serenity_Now @ 13 minutes 7 seconds ago

In a conventional BBQ do you guys recommend slow cooking dry rubbed baby backs off of the burners? I tried a batch this weekend (inspired by this darn thread) and they were a tad overdone with the three burners as low as they would go.... The min
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by Serenity_Now @ 18 minutes 41 seconds ago

The input sensitivity of the crest is listed as 1V. This means 1V input will drive the amplifiers output to max. The Tascam is capable of 2V. You are good to go. Problems exist when the output prepro cannot deliver the rated input sensitivity of
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by fredk @ 32 minutes 0 seconds ago

I almost forgot. Smoked lemonade is a thing.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by chesseroo @ 49 minutes 4 seconds ago

Assuming of course that by "turning off" you mean the sub is in use when it turns off regardless of gain setting. Then yes call Axiom. Otherwise the subs do go into standby mode when not in use.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100v4 power handling by 7800 @ Today at 05:32 PM

I actually checked the LFR1100 product page and they have added the fact that both arrays are nom 4 ohm. I'm just annoyed about the lack of information on Axiom's website. These are their flagship speakers and no owner's manual, probably a wrong we
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100v4 power handling by Mojo @ Today at 04:48 PM

The rear is 8. The front is 4. Actually more like 3.5 below 200 Hz.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ Today at 04:46 PM

12 hours and these were for 4lb pound shoulders? That is a ton of time for a four pound chunk of meat but it sounds like they came out quite succulent. As I sit here listening to some classic Pursuit of Happiness, our ribs have been in the Big Green
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts The CV Date Report by fredk @ Today at 04:29 PM

I can't believe this thread has not already been started. ::patiently waits for CV's first post::
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by fredk @ Today at 04:23 PM

So, the smoke went really well. The two sauces were appreciated. Most people absolutely loved the adult mustard sauce, but both got complements, ie: way better than store bought. I was up at shortly before 5 and the two shoulders were on at 5:15am
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by blatisi @ Today at 04:23 PM

Thank you all for the information. I was hoping to never have to test the support aspect, but stuff happens.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100v4 power handling by brendo @ Today at 03:45 PM

Sorry thought you meant 100s Yes the LFRs require 4 channels for the pair and HP is standard in both. Most likely the rear is also 4ohm due to they are a front channel.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by brendo @ Today at 03:38 PM

So far that was also the best source for info had read yet, To funny a guy can also get stuck in darn Radio Shack{Circuit City} now here on the west coast for life. Always try to avoid clipping, but I can kind of understand as to letting the amps. us
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by brendo @ Today at 03:26 PM

Thank you socketman, have found a lot of articles, but hard to understand some how mainly spec. related. Was just worried about running them to hot, plus this forum seems more user related. Since we're kind of fanboys of the same speakers. Sharing in
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by Socketman @ Today at 03:09 PM

I will defer to an article I have found to be very informative . Not to wild about the author but the information is solid. Voltage gain and input sensitivity is a balancing act based on the output voltage of your pre-outs and the sensitivity and
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100v4 power handling by 7800 @ Today at 02:14 PM

The HP drivers are the new standard spec on my LFR's for v4. The back array I was referring to are the rear firing speakers on the LFR. They have their own input terminals as each LFR requires at least 2 channels of amplification. 4 ohm impedance fr
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Gain levels on pro AVR and Pro amp by brendo @ Today at 02:04 PM

Hi all, Now am the proud owner of pro gear My AVR a TASCAM PA-R200 specs. say the output on the rca out give 2v or 2.2kohm. I have a Crest Audio VS900 for my M80 fronts. I have a scosche S.P.L.1000 and set the level to 70DBs with the AVR level at 0 b
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100v4 power handling by brendo @ Today at 01:52 PM

The M100 has the HP drivers so it's a bit heavier. The specs for all the surround {Q series} are all 8ohm as most amps don't push the full wattage to the rear, so a 4ohm would probably send an amp in to clipping pretty quick.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by brendo @ Today at 01:46 PM

Contact Axiom they make it as quick and simple as possible. I had a bunk driver last year they replaced it right away. Really easy.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: support for sub woofers by SqBobGodPants @ Today at 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By Ken.CThey typically send out the piece. In the rare instance where they replace the whole sub, I believe they pay for the return shipping. I could be misremembering this. That's great, Ken! I'm going to start using it right aw
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: wine thread by SqBobGodPants @ Today at 01:34 PM

What with you holding court AND enough liquor, I'm sure everyone will remember it as awesome. And see, I've already stopped mentioning the table.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by SqBobGodPants @ Today at 01:31 PM

Originally Posted By Wid I do it both ways but mostly just throw it on whole Even that gets boring after a while.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by Wid @ Today at 12:33 PM

I do it both ways but mostly just throw it on whole
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ Today at 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By michael_d So when you guys cook your birds, do you cut out the back bone and lay them out, or just cook them? That sounds like a lot of work. I just toss it on the grill.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts LFR1100v4 power handling by 7800 @ Today at 11:22 AM

Hello owners. I've curious about the power handling difference between the front and back arrays. Do I assume the back array has the same specs as an M22? The product page makes no reference to this (it should) and there is no online owners manual
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by michael_d @ Today at 11:14 AM

I like to slobber apple cider vinegar on meat, give it a few minutes, then dust it with salt and a dry rub. Sit over night, cook at room temp the following day. So when you guys cook your birds, do you cut out the back bone and lay them out, or jus
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.