AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
2 registered (craigsub, Ken.C), 27 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13364 Members
11 Forums
23096 Topics
408348 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17857
pmbuko 16323
SirQuack 13356
CV 11399
MarkSJohnson 11072
Meanwhile On Facebook

For all of you music lovers and studio geeks, this is absolutely amazing! https...

Monday morning grin! (y)

Time to hang up our skis . . . and rock our M22-in-walls while we wait for the m...

󾠔 It's the end of a long, long era at Axiom today. Brent Tombari is retiring fr...

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Hearing Things
The first speakers have been ordered for the long term test: A pair of Martin Logan Electromotion ESL Electrostatic Hybrid speakers that sell for $2500 per pair, including shipping. They can be seen here: http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/e
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ 8 minutes 11 seconds ago

TAM - Supergt24 lives in Ohio - it's no more than a 5 hour drive from us no matter where in Ohio he is. I am pretty sure that what he would find at a GTG is a lot of fun, no agenda, and the chance to listen to some great speakers for himself. Back w
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: So what are you watching tonight? by CV @ Today at 04:44 AM

The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness Great documentary on Netflix about Studio Ghibli. It's easy to see where the magic in their films comes from. I'll admit I haven't been the best fan, since I have a stack of their movies that I still haven't made t
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Today at 02:35 AM

Pretty sure that he already knows... TAM
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by CV @ Today at 02:16 AM

Happy Birthday, Mark, Man of Many Talents! You should fashion some propeller teeth out of wood and tear into some manatee croissants.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Mark's(genuwine)Birthday by JohnK @ Today at 01:52 AM

Again this year my sources inform me that Mark Johnson was in fact born on April 19, despite numerous other dates having been mentioned here. Happy Birthday, Mark!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by craigsub @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

GTsuper24 is quite the vocal "not too fond of Axiom" type of guy. He will be invited to come to our place this fall for a GTG to listen to a few speakers under blind conditions in a pretty good room. Blind tests, even if they are not a pr
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by bridgman @ Yesterday at 10:26 PM

Mmm, nachos.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 10:08 PM

Thanks for all the input guys. I feel like I made a good choice. Now to go forth and not bend the crankshaft on this one with my stupid tree roots.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ Yesterday at 10:01 PM

The real issue is that so few happy Axiomites go there and help prop up our favorite speaker. Those of us who take the time to force down these nay sayers just look like fools who are painted as fan boys. I suspect there is more than 3 or 4 people th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by JohnK @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Ken, Consumer Reports has their mower test results in the May issue. The Hondas are top-rated with several Toros close behind. The Honda you linked(and now bought)was given a "Best Buy" designation.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by newf @ Yesterday at 09:01 PM

There are certainly a couple of bad apples there forcing their opinions down the throats of others with so called "facts" which are nothing more then nonsense. The sad reality is that the internet and its opinions can highly effect the s
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by michael_d @ Yesterday at 08:35 PM

I've had the exact same Honda for four years now Ken. It's a dandy. Starts every friggin time, just runs and runs and runs. Heck, I just leave it under the deck all winter, it gets drifted in, covered in ice, then I pull it out in the spring, couple
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 07:28 PM

Nah, don't worry about burning them in. That's done at the factory in a few seconds. speakers =/= automobile engines. Glad you're enjoying them!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Wow! New axiom owner here! have some questions by cowskeleton @ Yesterday at 07:07 PM

Well, I got them, plugged them in, and...mind blown! Running on a Yamaha ht amp and a sorry little klipsch sub, I have never heard Miles Davis like that before! I gather they should be burnt in a bit, but man I am a happy clam. Thanks for the feedba
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 06:57 PM

I guess that it won't die as long as someone like Mr PSA joins the fray. Why he is interjecting in a competitor's (Axiom) thread again (recently at AH), I can't fathom. This is most tiresome. I think that I'll go upstairs, crank up my Tube Amp, fi
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 06:53 PM

Who wouldn't be a Honda fanboy? They make the best mowers.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Honda FanBoy!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Yesterday at 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnsonI have a Toro that I like a lot. Toro's suck .
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by MarkSJohnson @ Yesterday at 06:07 PM

Record platter<--->Nacho Platter I can see how you made the jump.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: laaawnmower by Ken.C @ Yesterday at 05:46 PM

After quite some effort, I've managed to bring home the Honda I linked above. It did not fit in my Flex with the second row up. Unfortunately, the second row would not go down, so it was a bit of effort.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Record Store Day! by CV @ Yesterday at 05:21 PM

I still don't own a record player, but I considered going down to Adventures Underground to see if they had the Tegan and Sara RSD release. Instead, I'm home thinking of food.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by Socketman @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Skins You and Craigsub make very good points and I fully agree. For some of us it not even about Axiom its about the attitude and the willingness of certain individuals to come running any time the word Axiom is used in a forum to spread hate . I ge
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by theskins @ Yesterday at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: exlabdriverI only started posting elsewhere a couple of years ago because over time I could not stomach the unadulterated BS that had been continually spewed out by a few for several years. Because they were mostly never challe
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: AVS by exlabdriver @ Yesterday at 02:23 PM

I only started posting elsewhere a couple of years ago because over time I could not stomach the unadulterated BS that had been continually spewed out by a few for several years. Because they were mostly never challenged by anyone, questionable 'opi
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.