You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by brendo @ Yesterday at 10:56 PM

When I used Onkyo it was a DTS setting for 2channel width on my current Anthem it's also a DTSX setting. Used to fill in a wider stereo image. When playing stereo modes. I set my 160 to 40 or 60Hz. and it has a wonderful bold deep male dialog. Hav
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: M60v4 big difference over M60v1? by Gr8_White_North @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

My suggestion is to listen to as many different speakers as you can and see what it is that you feel may be missing. Ian and Andrew have made changes to refine the speakers but in the end it comes down to you and your room, different is not always be
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Adding an Amp? by Gr8_White_North @ Yesterday at 09:31 PM

What subs are you running ATM. At one point during my HT addiction i was running a Denon AVR 3311 which is a fairly decent receiver (still in service ) and i added a Emotiva 3 channel amp and the difference was huge. I dont play movies loud and it w
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by Gr8_White_North @ Yesterday at 09:22 PM

To run a phantom center, turn off the center channel in the AVR settings and then the main speakers will image the center channel,referred to as phantom center.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by aarons @ Yesterday at 06:40 PM

Iím not sure I understand ďplaying with center image from the mainsĒ? Can you elaborate?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Adding an Amp? by aarons @ Yesterday at 02:37 PM

I donít think itís the equipment, rather setting adjustments I could be making.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Adding an Amp? by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 11:55 AM

I would think you should be ok with the 3050. I'd like a 3050 some day... My 1010 and ADA are still treating me good though.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: M60v4 big difference over M60v1? by Adrian @ Yesterday at 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By brendoIt has been said you will find a difference, especially from the V1\V2 models. More refined sound, each model is an improvement from the last. Myself only have had V4 models so I wouldn't be able to help with what those di
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Network Stereo Receiver Advice by guillermo123 @ 04/25/18 11:32 PM

I'm looking to purchase a new stereo receiver (with hdmi and network capabilities) to power my M22 v2 speakers (still going strong after 9 years!). I can only find two products that offer the features I will need: (1) the Onkyo tx-8270 and (2) the Pi
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Adding an Amp? by aarons @ 04/25/18 10:42 PM

About 10 feet
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Adding an Amp? by brwsaw @ 04/25/18 10:13 PM

Whats the distance between your main seat and the center?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by brendo @ 04/25/18 07:42 PM

Have you tried playing with your center image from the mains? Forget what it's called, though it's a phantom center setting on all AVRs. Another thing may be the polarity check your wires are in correct orientation, red black match up. You can also
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Are larger amps worth it? by brendo @ 04/25/18 07:10 PM

Being your Anthem has true balanced outputs, you have nice XLRs hanging around. . I would go for it. Not only could you fill your awesome room with reference levels no worry. You'd finally have the piece of mind knowing you'd have to spend a whole
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: M60v4 big difference over M60v1? by brendo @ 04/25/18 06:23 PM

It has been said you will find a difference, especially from the V1\V2 models. More refined sound, each model is an improvement from the last. Myself only have had V4 models so I wouldn't be able to help with what those differences are. Mr. Alan Lo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by aarons @ 04/25/18 03:52 PM

Sure hope itís not my ears. Could be though. I have 9.1 set up. Two height speakers. I have my center set to Large cause my sub is weak. Would that possibly drown out some of the dialog?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Low dialog levels by Gr8_White_North @ 04/25/18 03:48 PM

I found your equipment list in your other thread and with a vp 160 you should have no problems with dialogue. Perhaps a hearing test is in order, i had mine done turns out my ears are shot. Does your receiver do atmos, i understand atmos gives you mo
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Low dialog levels by aarons @ 04/25/18 03:11 PM

I need help with possibly settings in my receiver. I seem to be getting dialog volume levels that are too low relative to the rest of the audio. Iíve messed with channel levels to the point where I donít think itís part of the issue. What else should
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Adding an Amp? by aarons @ 04/25/18 02:07 PM

Considering adding an amp. Not sure if its needed but many have said I would get improved clarity and will be able to listen at higher volume with less distortion. I seem to get pretty darn good performance now but hey, if it can be better.... He
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts M60v4 big difference over M60v1? by embeleco @ 04/25/18 12:33 AM

Is there a big difference? Iím looking to change my fronts and that is one option. Please advise.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100s for 5.1.4? by pspoar @ 04/24/18 04:38 PM

I should have said that I'm using the trade up program, and the VP 150 WILL be replaced by the 180 (m80s V2 to m100s, qs8 V2 to V4). I actually like the m80s, but seems the new V4 version of all speakers gets much love from those that have upgraded
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100s for 5.1.4? by BBIBH @ 04/24/18 03:53 PM

I have a similar setup/configuration, but with different subs. What is it about the M80's that has you looking to go M100? I am looking to upgrade the centre channel, as most information seems to be aimed for the CC to reproduce.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100s for 5.1.4? by brwsaw @ 04/24/18 03:08 PM

VP upgrade first IMO.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts M100s for 5.1.4? by pspoar @ 04/24/18 03:03 PM

Good day, all: Just wondering if there is any opinion or experience in using the M100s in a 5.1.4 config? I'm in the process of upgrading from my M80, VP150 and QS8 V2 to the V4's, but decided to go with the M100s vs the M80s? Also using a PSA3000
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Are larger amps worth it? by Cohesion @ 04/23/18 10:14 PM

I have the LFRs and run them with one ADA 1500. It sounds glorious, and I wouldn't think about using a lower power amp. However, I do like my music and movies loud. If you don't, then there is probably no reason to change anything! However, given al
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Are larger amps worth it? by MatManhasgone @ 04/23/18 09:04 PM

But that is the problem. I don't know or don't think that I am getting any major distortion from my current setup. That doesn't mean it is simply not there, but without being able to do a real A/B comparison, then it sure is hard to know if you are
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Forum Stats

15,224 Registered Members
15 Forums
23,998 Topics
424,079 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13567