Get Free, Friendly, Expert Advice
Call 1-888-352-9466 or email

Designed and Manufactured in Canada Since 1980

AxiomAudio Blog
Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (J. B.), 64 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,368 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,139 Topics
409,202 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17881
pmbuko 16335
SirQuack 13356
CV 11438
MarkSJohnson 11108
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Scott's Birthday by St_PatGuy @ Today at 09:03 AM

Happy Birthday, Scott!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Scott's Birthday by Ajax @ Today at 08:36 AM

Happy Birthday, Scott.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 06:55 AM

Wow! Looks fantastic!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Scott's Birthday by MarkSJohnson @ Today at 06:54 AM

How can you tell he's been celebrating? Did he make a slurred post? Happy Birthday, Scott!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Serenity_Now @ Today at 05:31 AM

Room lock rulez!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Scott's Birthday by nickbuol @ Today at 02:20 AM

Happy Birthday!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Scott's Birthday by CV @ Today at 01:18 AM

Have a great birthday!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Socketman @ Today at 12:43 AM

Heres another update, mostly finished until the clear coat cures for a week or 2. Spent a few hours rubbing sand on it then rubbed it with a sheep at high speed.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Scott's Birthday by JohnK @ Today at 12:42 AM

Scott(a401classic)has been celebrating today. Happy Birthday, Scott!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Projection screen recommendation by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 11:04 PM

Thank you so much! I'm surprised by your comments on zoom limitation. The calculator at Projector Central led me to think that the 8350 was super flexible relative to placement. Excellent advice. Much appreciated.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Shoutbox Thread by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 09:35 PM

So, it's slow for everyone? Not just me?...that makes me feel a bit better. A few of us were bs'n around the fire a few weeks back and the HT came up. By the end of the conversation we all agreed it's better to be broke with an HT than to be broke an
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 09:30 PM

There is a pretty good chance there's a better spot in the room for them.... It might be awkward and it might not look that great but moving each sub to its sweet spot in the room will (regardless of the sub) satisfy your need. 2 good subs playing ni
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Over Ear Headphones by 7800 @ Yesterday at 08:11 PM

I've got nothing to compare them to but I'm happy with my Sennheiser 558's. I listen to mostly modern and classic rock through a Marantz AV7701 and Arcam BDP 300 as primary source. I'm like the open design as I'm not cocerned with sound leakage. The
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Projection screen recommendation by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:12 PM

Oh yeah, whatever you decide, 2 people are really needed to assemble and mount without risking any damage (or tempers!)
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Projection screen recommendation by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 06:09 PM

The 8350 was a great choice. If I remember correctly the 8350 will just barely zoom to fill a screen that size at 13'. At 12' it wouldnt fill a 106" screen. Adding horizontal shift reduced zoom slightly as well. Probably a good idea to hold
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Wow! Fantastic price for a truly useful book. I hope you guys find it as useful as I do. I refer to it frequently when something has me stymied.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Projection screen recommendation by tomtuttle @ Yesterday at 03:24 PM

Friends, After ~12 years in our current home, I finally figured out how to configure an acceptable compromise in order to try using a projector. I'm excited. This is a totally budget-oriented endeavor. I made a conscious decision to try a 110&quo
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by DrStrangeQuark @ Yesterday at 02:06 PM

Serenity ... Looks like a good book. Amazon US had some secondary sellers shopping it for $4 plus shipping and I snagged one. The best price now may be $8 plus S/H, but still a bargain. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/007177274X/ref=dp_o
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ Yesterday at 09:17 AM

Awesome great thanks $30 is better than spend an extra $2000 I may not need and also on room/addition costs. I guess also, one has to think where does this stop. I just got the M80v3 a year ago, well actually a couple years ago lol wow. I know list
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by J. B. @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

Boom, did you check the phasing between the 2 subs. from 0 to 180 degrees, there could be a difference in total output of 6 dB or more. if i remember right, this is done before syst. calibration, using a SPL meter at the MLP, (right between the 2 ear
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So NOW I'm a real Axiom owner... by Boomzilla @ Yesterday at 07:17 AM

OK - The second sub is installed, calibrated, and working. Initial impressions = yawn. Did I really spend $700 for THIS? Actually, I think that the single sub in the corner sounded better than the two of them along the equipment wall. Potential is
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 04:50 AM

The limiting factor will be your playback environment. The question of "is X worth $2000 more than Y" is no for most people. To really get that upper tier performance acoustics becomes very important. Acoustics not as in absorbers (which
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: LFR1100 amplifier suggestions by 7800 @ 05/27/15 08:17 PM

Thanks J. B. I'll do more experimenting with the crossover settings.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ 05/27/15 07:36 PM

Still thinking Axiom though still a good deal. Seriously thinking M80 HP in Cherry Veneer HG with the VP180 or 160 and QS8's in black from factory outlet. I am thinking of JL Audio F112 in dual. Found a site that sells them as liquidated products aro
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Ok, you got $12K to spend ...... by TroyD @ 05/27/15 07:30 PM

MrSpeed Yes, before I wouldn't think twice or even look. I know Axiom has every right to price as they see fit and a decent margin of profit. I do realize they control there own driver quality etc. everything is built in house in Canada. However, a
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.