You are not logged in. [Log In]

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days

Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by bridgman @ 3 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By jhasGot a descent trade value, so I went for a B-stock EP500V4, since it is hidden in a cabinet. Looked hard at HSU VF3-15 and PSA 1800, but couldn't beat the deal with the trade in. Sounds good. The new subs seem to be very wel
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Slimpikins @ 11 minutes 27 seconds ago

OH yes, one very important observation which I neglected to report on with the M1's....... My Gin gut busting EP800 and little brother EP500 which were always very "present" in the room have suddenly moved to the back wall and now blend in
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Slimpikins @ 21 minutes 50 seconds ago

Not being an EE, but having just enough electrical experience to be dangerous to myself (did take an 800 volt direct hit to my finger once from the plate of an RF transmitter tube), I cannot comment on the ICE module, I don't know what exactly they d
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Mojo @ 30 minutes 38 seconds ago

ICEpower bites the big, fat one for high fidelity audio.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Slimpikins @ 49 minutes 18 seconds ago

Agreed, huge difference. Plus the Parasound is using the off the shelf ICE class D module; the Anthem is a ground up proprietary design. They spent 5 years on developing this amp, I have to imagine it has some very nice elements to it.... I lov
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: I need advice on QS10HP by Mojo @ 56 minutes 35 seconds ago

Chesser, tell me how good they are. Getting real close now to pulling the trigger!
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Mojo @ Today at 08:54 PM

Besides the room, soundstage and imaging is all about the dynamic range of your gear. There is no comparison between the Parasound and the Anthem M1 when it comes to dynamic range.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's by Mojo @ Today at 08:50 PM

If you had an anechoic chamber, and CNC machines, and a magnetizer machine, and oscilloscopes, meters and knobs, and your very own Andrew Welker, would you spend time in a home theater? Hell no! You'd be building speakers and amplifiers.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Slimpikins @ Today at 08:48 PM

OK, the Parasound amp was sent back after using it for a week; I'll say that it's a really nice piece for the money, a great entry level amp for a guy who cannot afford to spend too much, but who would like a very powerful amplifier. Or a person lik
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Ian's by brwsaw @ Today at 08:18 PM

You must but I don't recall reading that you did.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by Mojo @ Today at 05:43 PM

I don't mean to influence you but you'll really like the EP500v4.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by Mojo @ Today at 03:54 PM

Sounds similarly good to an A1500, eh?
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Class D amplifier by 2x6spds @ Today at 02:58 PM

I used a Sonic Impact $29 T-Amp for a garage system driving some M3Tis. Sounded good.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by jhas @ Today at 02:52 PM

Excellent advice on the M60 given the predominance of movies... My sub, EP500 V1, is from 2004 so its given me a good run... Got a descent trade value, so I went for a B-stock EP500V4, since it is hidden in a cabinet. Looked hard at HSU VF3-15 and
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by Mojo @ Today at 12:34 PM

Like John said, for movie purposes, stick with the M60s. I would seriously consider upgrading the 500 if it is v2 or earlier to a 500v4. I upgraded from a 600v2 to an 800v4 and the difference is more than better bass. It cleaned up the sound of my en
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by bridgman @ Today at 12:20 PM

I have M60ti in my home theater and am still very happy with them - personally would not bother updating to v4 unless I was also using them as my primary stereo music system. My first recommendation for upgrade would have been getting a VP180 but you
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by jhas @ Today at 10:01 AM

Like my DVD music concert shows fairly loud... are you saying the M5HP Can handle the higher volumes like the M60? Iíve cranked up the volume and the M60ís would clip the amp, so I upgraded to the emotiva amp for the frontís. Canít see replacing t
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Upgarde question by brwsaw @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM

Can you fit an M5 under your screen? Trade all 3, win win. Maybe grab a second EP500 out of the trade-ins.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Upgarde question by jhas @ Yesterday at 07:30 PM

Have older M60 V1 in home theater....Older EP-500 and QS8 sides with SVS Satelite atmos. VP180 V3 center. Is it worth upgrading to the newer M60V4 in my 16x20 theater? 80/20 movies to music. Been eying PSA M110 L/R but that requires a new center ch
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: HomePod by wschwartz @ 02/20/18 06:22 AM

Jean-Louis Gassťe on HomePod reviews: https://mondaynote.com/the-trouble-with-homepod-reviews-585075add9d2
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint for scratches? by brwsaw @ 02/19/18 09:52 PM

Yep, seen it yesterday. Mostly images I've posted here. Good times...
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint for scratches? by Gr8_White_North @ 02/18/18 01:42 PM

The pic was there yesterday, photobucket is a bunch of asshats. They get people there then hold them hostage. Got mine off of their site about 5 months ago and i use imgur seems to work good and easy to get and copy links.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint for scratches? by brwsaw @ 02/18/18 12:21 AM

I still have to get my pictures off photo buckets site
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by exlabdriver @ 02/17/18 05:14 PM

I'm a SG fan. I sampled many of their albums on the net & found that their releases after 2000 were preferable to me. Previous to then their music tended to be too sedate for me, ie elevator type music. I have 5 of their SACDs, all released af
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Touch-up paint for scratches? by Ya_basta @ 02/17/18 10:19 AM

Originally Posted By BBIBHCam, what colour is your sub? My speakers are done in boston cherry. Very old picture -
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Forum Stats

15,207 Registered Members
15 Forums
23,963 Topics
423,608 Posts

Most users ever online:
883 @ 03/04/17 05:06 PM

Top Posters
Ken.C 18044
pmbuko 16437
SirQuack 13565
CV 11675
MarkSJohnson 11437
2 registered (Slimpikins, Gr8_White_North)
211 Guests and
3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup