Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
3 registered (Ken.C, a401classic, medic8r), 46 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,378 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,192 Topics
410,603 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17920
pmbuko 16349
SirQuack 13357
CV 11460
MarkSJohnson 11182
Meanwhile On Facebook
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by exlabdriver @ 07/22/15 11:49 PM

If you want a little monster sub for music, the EP400 is outstanding. I have a pair coupled with a pair of M2s; however, 1 unit would be more than enough if the room isn't overly large. Unfortunately, it is not a budget sub, but it sounds so good..
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Price increase by exlabdriver @ 07/22/15 11:42 PM

Jeez. A couple of years ago our dollar was the darling of the G7/8 by being at par or more with the US Dollar with the present PM at the helm. Everyone but the manufacturers/exporters in ON & QC was happy. In order to try to keep them afloat,
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By RockHaving been wondering and searching for answers for days but really you addressed my concerns today. Huge thanks:) Well someone had to do it. JohnK and Peter seem to be on sabbatical, Ken is obsessed with Coke and at least t
Stereo
Having been wondering and searching for answers for days but really you addressed my concerns today. Huge thanks:)
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By RockGreat education on sub. I certainly lack the knowledge of sub which I didn't know much when I set my first system 15 years ago.j I am not a fan for movies so EP125 or EP175 would just do fine for me I guess. Then I could go
Stereo
Great education on sub. I certainly lack the knowledge of sub which I didn't know much when I set my first system 15 years ago.j I am not a fan for movies so EP125 or EP175 would just do fine for me I guess. Then I could go with any amps without wo
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By RockThanks guys. For a 2 kids' dad, sparing some budget for music may be similar than a colleague student spending all the allowance:) So an amplifier with a sub output is a must? By the way, what would be the difference bet
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By nickbuol I thought the same thing after about my first 5 years and I got rid of mine. We moved the next year and I wish that I had the boxes... Isn't that a variation of Murphy's Law? We'll ask Murph next time he checks in.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Ken.C @ 07/22/15 09:59 PM

Fly by the seat of your pants my foot. You do gorgeous work. There is skill there.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by tomtuttle @ 07/22/15 09:27 PM

Good on ya, Mike(s)!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by nickbuol @ 07/22/15 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By chesseroo After 13 years with the speakers, there is a high probability i'll be keeping them. I thought the same thing after about my first 5 years and I got rid of mine. We moved the next year and I wish that I had the boxes
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by Socketman @ 07/22/15 09:23 PM

I personally haven't met a floor stander that can put out bass like a dedicated sub. You can save floor space since the sub can be put somewhere away from the main speakers. Also you can move the sub to enhance bass performance something you cant do
Stereo
Thanks guys. For a 2 kids' dad, sparing some budget for music may be similar than a colleague student spending all the allowance:) So an amplifier with a sub output is a must? By the way, what would be the difference between bookshelf speakers +
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Summer Project by Socketman @ 07/22/15 08:57 PM

Chess my door is always open to a fellow Axiom- ite or is it moe. At any rate drop by any time. Those speakers have been veneered very nicely, I wish I could source veneer of that quality. It is a fine line between a nice smooth surface and the back
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by Socketman @ 07/22/15 08:52 PM

I started my Axiom journey with M2's and a small Yamaha sub and they sounded really good together. IMHO adding a sub will really step things up for you, and I find it add realism to the music experience. Depending on the size of your room and listeni
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: The BS of HDR-TV and any high resolution video by Socketman @ 07/22/15 08:48 PM

If someone says your wrong and you are sure you are not then back up you position with proof. Mud slinging does not help anyone and I certainly cant learn if the experts are not sharing useful and factual info. There is no way for me to know which of
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By Serenity_Now I feel brwsaw's pain of breaking down gear/speaker boxes... My OCD said to let them go this time. I never throw out boxes. Big step. Lol. I'm the same way but have actually kept all my boxes and have not broken t
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Advice needed: AMP/CD player for Axiom M22? by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 07:27 PM

I think they both look interesting. Very compact. Something i would have loved in my university days. A pair of M22s with a small sub and those int amps? Instead i had housemates who bought speakers out of the back of white trucks. I'll give them th
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Question for the BBQ experts by chesseroo @ 07/22/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By michael_dAfter too much time reading reviews, I ordered a MAK, one star general and some extra options, including their meat probe. I hope to put it to use this weekend. And a meat probe is a definite must. I used to cook 'by
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: AxiomAir by Mojo @ 07/22/15 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By chesserooOriginally Posted By MojoIs anyone using Rdio? I wouldn't mind some opinions on this either. The option for Rdio just came up on our Sonos the other day, that i noticed anyway. Mike, check out earbits.com. I can't s
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Price increase by Ken.C @ 07/22/15 06:25 PM

I merely identify coke in cans (which is excellent) as different from Mexican Coke in bottles, which is also excellent. Coke in any other form is generally not that good.
Stereo
Just bought 1 pair of Axiom M22 V4 and look to setting up a pure and budget music system with an Integrated Amp and CD player. Old school, right? Any suggestions on which AMP to go? NAD D 3020 or Marantz PM 6005 (with 5005 CD player). Another quest
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Lets plan a theater space by Serenity_Now @ 07/22/15 05:25 PM

I was hoping for 50ish with an ambient noisefloor of <20dba. I'll wait and see I guess. Judging so far we will not be able to leave kids unattended in there. No way we would hear if something was wrong. Would make a good band practice room. A
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: The BS of HDR-TV and any high resolution video by Serenity_Now @ 07/22/15 05:11 PM

Originally Posted By oakvillemattYes Greg. You are so much smarter than I am and obviously know everything, so I will just shut up and defer all the answers to you. Then Matt swung his arm through the Jenga tower. Rough day man? I thought Gre
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Price increase by St_PatGuy @ 07/22/15 05:03 PM

Ken is clearly a Klingon.
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.