AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
4 registered (Gary Vose Sr, Andre, nickbuol, theskins), 40 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13358 Members
11 Forums
23073 Topics
407981 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11384
MarkSJohnson 11058
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Advice from Axiom Owners
I use M3 for surround at the moment with M22 for mains, a few months ago Got a Vp160 Absolutely love it. The only big difference i've noticed is in power supply. I went from a budget amp. Onkyo 525. Wanted to get away from Onkyo and purchased a Tasca
The Water Cooler
They look like eggs of some sort. Pick them out and keep going.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by brwsaw @ 03/21/15 02:39 PM

Have you tried changing the polarity of the 180? I know it seems odd and it's pretty likely it's wired correctly but I've seen (heard) it needing to be done on the M80. This would be my next step...It's frustrating because you know it's already right
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Epson Laser Projectors by nickbuol @ 03/21/15 02:36 PM

I will basically "downscale" the 4K input down to 1080p, and then do its own "upscale" to its faux "4K". So it still isn't true 4K either way, but at least has the processing power to accept the 4K input (and then sort
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Help me identify what is in my seed planter. by Lampshade @ 03/21/15 02:12 PM

I am trying to grow Thai Chili from seeds. I purchased two starter kits which included concentrated peat. You add water to expand the peat and then add your seeds. I found these white "pods" in one of them today. I don't know if it is funga
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Epson Laser Projectors by michael_d @ 03/21/15 12:29 PM

Thanks Nick. I have seen the term E-shift, but just didn't pay any attention to it, or what it does. Thanks for the link. But why is that the LS-10000 can "accept" 4K input, and the other one not, but yet it isn't a true native 4K project
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by alan @ 03/21/15 10:39 AM

"I think the real difference would be in the speakers sensitivity levels. If the VP180 is 93db and the VP150 was 90db then I guess the VP180 would be double the volume level. They said every 3bd is double the volume. However, that said they say
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Epson Laser Projectors by nickbuol @ 03/21/15 09:45 AM

It does what a number of the big name projector companies have been doing... Pixel shifting the image. The panels are "just" 1080p panels, but through a bit of magical trickery, it can shift pixels around to give the illusion of 4K. A tru
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 03/21/15 09:27 AM

No pre outs on the 991.......shitty
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Difference in sound between v2 and v4 speakers by guillermo123 @ 03/21/15 12:23 AM

I bought my M22 v2 speakers back in 2008 and I've had absolutely no complaints for the last 6 years. The speakers still sound amazing. I've told myself that I would eventually add additional speakers and sub for a 5.1 system and it the day is finally
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by TroyD @ 03/20/15 09:13 PM

Tantallon cool not too far 45 min drive. yup maybe I will bring the MCA50 bet that would make a difference. I think your Denon has pre outs
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: So what are ya listening to tonight? by DrStrangeQuark @ 03/20/15 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pmbukoTracker, the new Knopfler album, is great, like a hug from your favorite uncle when you were a kid. Ha! I was going to plug the new Knopfler. Some good taste around these parts!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Epson Laser Projectors by michael_d @ 03/20/15 07:44 PM

I have not been keeping up on projectors the last year or so. Iíve been holding out for a 4K projector with a laser light source. Much to my surprise, I stumbled onto a couple reviews of Epsonís latest models. The LS10000 is has 4K upscaling. MSRP
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ 03/20/15 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyDJust curious, are you on the Axiom's person to audition list. If so I'd love to hear that VP180/150 difference. I'd bring in my v3 180's but don't think I can get them in the car as a pair. But, then again a friend in Dartm
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Got some AX-2s... by exlabdriver @ 03/20/15 06:14 PM

I have a nice pair of retired, but pristine AX2s, but unfortunately they are not for parts. Last time I looked at the woofers, the surrounds were still perfect. Can be seen here: http://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/home-theater-pictures/?album=1&ga
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Av. Question to you audiophiles by Serenity_Now @ 03/20/15 04:47 PM

Tryin' wicked haaad. -suddenly from Boston.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: What funny thing are you appreciating tonight? by Serenity_Now @ 03/20/15 04:41 PM

Playing hide and seek with the shed... Aha, found you!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Av. Question to you audiophiles by BobKay @ 03/20/15 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowFooling around with acoustics and software adds a whole other dimension to the hobby, and the sound. Pretty interesting once you start to get the hang of it. But yes, it isnt always easy to pick up, and there is a
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Got some AX-2s... by BobKay @ 03/20/15 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BBIBHI don't think that you will much luck finding a member on here with AX models, or at least many that have parts. ...there all recent fanboys with new models! Yes that is correct. Most of us belong to CV's Axiom Trade-Up
What's New At Axiom
Jump to new posts Re: Naming the Axiom Wireless Speaker by BobKay @ 03/20/15 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: medic8rOriginally Posted By: a401classicOriginally Posted By: MarkSJohnson Howzabout the Axiom Areola Aireola ? There, fixed ya Thank goodness! Maybe now he'll stop humping Joyce's leg. I don't understand any of this.
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Av. Question to you audiophiles by Serenity_Now @ 03/20/15 04:17 PM

Fooling around with acoustics and software adds a whole other dimension to the hobby, and the sound. Pretty interesting once you start to get the hang of it. But yes, it isnt always easy to pick up, and there is a lot of trial and error. The Audio
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Av. Question to you audiophiles by Socketman @ 03/20/15 03:00 PM

REW is much easier now if you own a laptop with hdmi output. It is a steep learning curve and a bit expensive initially to buy the mic and soundcard if you don't have hdmi. I dabbled with it off and on until the HDMI support came out and now I can ge
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Dolby Atmos and audio drop outs by Socketman @ 03/20/15 02:47 PM

This is asking a lot Cat but try Hunger Games mockingjay and see how it works on the 103. PS - Not the greatest movie.
Stereo
Jump to new posts Re: Got some AX-2s... by BBIBH @ 03/20/15 02:04 PM

I don't think that you will much luck finding a member on here with AX models, or at least many that have parts. ...there all recent fanboys with new models!
Advice from Axiom Owners
Jump to new posts Re: Av. Question to you audiophiles by CatBrat @ 03/20/15 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Serenity_NowYeah, spl measurement. Better still, download room measurement software. Cheaper than a meter and really useful. REW is popular or Studio Six's Audio Tools software for i devices. Really good and portable. I re
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.