Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34
Re: Ideas? I wish Axiom would make a.....
chesseroo #297944 03/23/10 01:31 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes, and as long as we're not on the subject, I'd like to see Chess on the People's Council to the Ministry of Speakers. Chess is knowledgeable and objective. He has also conducted critical reviews and comparisons of various speakers. He is not a fan boy and therefore his opinion would be valuable.

When I say "critical" I do not mean negative, I mean probing and analytical.

Of course, it's easy for me to volunteer someone else, but what the heck.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 03/23/10 01:31 AM.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Ken.C #297945 03/23/10 01:34 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile

As to the subwoofer issues, clearly there have been issues with the EP800, which have been/are being addressed. I don't think it's taken away from the lineup--just ask people who have working EP800s! I have yet to see a post from any of them after receiving revised, working amps, that is negative about the product!

When you test a product in a lab, that's one thing.
When it gets released to the masses in the hundreds, thousands, that is another entirely.
Sheer numbers will find the faults fast and furious.
I tend to avoid purchasing newly minted electronics, more so for those touting new technology or ideas, until they've been through at least one revision.

Axiom will get things right BUT the customers have to be partly patient and put up with the flaws that may exist until fixes are found or you hear many complaints and few kudos once the issues are resolved. Some believe that paying x dollars for anything should equate to buying a "perfectly functioning, without flaws" unit EVERY time.
If that happened, no one would own a car.
Period.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
2x6spds #297946 03/23/10 01:39 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Yes, and as long as we're not on the subject, I'd like to see Chess on the People's Council to the Ministry of Speakers. Chess is knowledgeable and objective. He has also conducted critical reviews and comparisons of various speakers. He is not a fan boy and therefore his opinion would be valuable.

I think i just fell on my ass.

Yep, i checked, i definitely read that, and then just fell on my ass.

I have confidence in the four lads (what no lasses?) in this regard, although i appreciate the vote of...something?

Sorry, my ass is still smarting from the stunned fall. Maybe it's because no one ever described me as "probing" before...well maybe except for that one ex-g/f in univ...but that's another story.

chesseroo #297947 03/23/10 01:46 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W

Chess............probing..................hmmmmmmmm

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Wid #297949 03/23/10 01:48 AM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: wid

Chess............probing..................hmmmmmmmm

Ya i had the same odd mental image in MY head Wid.

Now let everyone else have it!

Wid #297950 03/23/10 01:48 AM
H
htnut
Unregistered
htnut
Unregistered
H
I want a 103" plasma for $2000...heck I'm even willing to go up to $3000 if push comes to shove. I think Panasonic is dropping the ball on this one.

chesseroo #297964 03/23/10 03:05 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes, Chess, we may have dueling signatures, and different ideas about tubes and solid state amps, objectivity and subjectivity, reductionism and what to you must seem like audio mysticism, but I've followed your posts over the years - years. You may think you know it all, despite that, you're very intelligent and know what you're talking about. Oh, yes, and intellectually honest.

Cheers.

Originally Posted By: chesseroo

I think i just fell on my ass.

Yep, i checked, i definitely read that, and then just fell on my ass.

I have confidence in the four lads (what no lasses?) in this regard, although i appreciate the vote of...something?

Sorry, my ass is still smarting from the stunned fall. Maybe it's because no one ever described me as "probing" before...well maybe except for that one ex-g/f in univ...but that's another story.

Last edited by 2x6spds; 03/23/10 03:07 AM.

2x6spds #297968 03/23/10 03:38 AM
shareholder in the making
 Quote:
I hope there will be at least one person on the People's Council to the Ministry of Speakers who urges Axiom to raise its game and who does more than just gush how great they are and don't change you're just fine...

Perhaps they've raised their game already and we just can't tell you yet. \:D

2x6spds #297972 03/23/10 04:12 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Sorry if you're insulted by my opinions and forgive me if I laugh a bit as I type this.

I'm not insulted by your opinions so much as I'm insulted by your insults. Even in this sentence where you're apologizing, you're saying you're laughing. The way you phrase things in an attempt to sound superior is really off-putting. I do appreciate your varied experiences with audio, but it's hard to take you seriously when you're eager to be insulted yourself and then laugh it off when people are insulted by you.

CV #297974 03/23/10 04:40 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
OK, so Mark is insulted by my opinions [Axiom could do better], you, on the other hand, are not insulted by my opinion but you are insulted by the fact that I laughed at the idea that someone would be insulted by my opinon. That struck you as an insult. It just struck me as funny. I dunno why.

Can't we all just get along?

Originally Posted By: CV
Sorry if you're insulted by my opinions and forgive me if I laugh a bit as I type this.

I'm not insulted by your opinions so much as I'm insulted by your insults. Even in this sentence where you're apologizing, you're saying you're laughing. The way you phrase things in an attempt to sound superior is really off-putting. I do appreciate your varied experiences with audio, but it's hard to take you seriously when you're eager to be insulted yourself and then laugh it off when people are insulted by you.

Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters