Wall'O'Fame
Axiom Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Cinema
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
AxiomAudio Blog

Insider’s Sneak Peek: AxiomAeris

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Who's Online
4 registered (MarkSJohnson, Gary Vose Sr, Mojo, exlabdriver), 107 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13,584 Registered Members
11 Forums
23,432 Topics
415,506 Posts

Most users ever online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 18030
pmbuko 16418
SirQuack 13369
CV 11586
MarkSJohnson 11373
Meanwhile On Facebook
Page 404 of 404 < 1 2 402 403 404
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#417284 - 02/28/16 05:17 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: brwsaw]
fredk Offline
axiomite

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By brwsaw
The CBC (radio) mentioned the show recently. If memory serves me correctly they stated they have a million dollar per episode budget for music.....

Edit..."With a six-figure music budget per episode, each edition features up to 30 songs".

Oops
Lol

Dude, you gotta watch your figure(s). You're expanding.

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!

#417309 - 02/29/16 05:34 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
Serenity_Now Offline
connoisseur

Loc: PEI, Canada
Watched Tom Cruise try a german accent in Valkyrie. Generally a pretty good movie with tons of talent on board. First 20 mins excellent demo material for surround and a good lfe blast when Tom and fam run to the basement for an allied shelling.

An excellent, must see, stop now, jesus take the wheel.... laugh

Seriously though, if you are into suspense horror you MUST see The Orphanage. A Guillermo del Toro joint. Its spanish with subtitles. Not a mainsteamer.

I asked my wife, a huge Steven King fan, and movie buff, if it was on par with The Shining and she said "uhhh :pause: yes, it f-ing hurts me, but yes." Lol. She is in trucker mouth rehab.

Long live dead Kubrick. smile

#417317 - 02/29/16 10:40 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
shareholder in the making

Loc: Richland, WA, USA
I watched The Witch with a couple of friends last night. I don't know why, but I liked the trailer, and I was looking forward to it. It felt like a wasted opportunity. I kept waiting for some sublime moment to make the whole thing worthwhile, and it never came. The end really needed to be phenomenal to make the pacing pay off. Oh, well. Hopefully the director will have learned for the next one.

#417430 - 03/05/16 11:24 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline

I watched The Mermaid with my sister when I was visiting. As in, Stephen Chow's new movie. Stephen Chow, of Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle fame. I wonder when he's actually going to star in one of his movies again, or if he's decided he's done. It was entertaining. Not one of his strongest, but it still made me laugh a lot. It's funny to see how little progress the visual effects in his movies have made. I mean, there's only so much you can expect when major Hollywood blockbusters like The Avengers: Age of Ultron also have their share of CG humans with unconvincing movement. At least Stephen Chow's movies are supposed to be gigantic goofball affairs. The story could have used more polish. Still, he crafts some pretty classic moments, so I look forward to watching it again when it's on disc. I think I'll like it even more with more viewings.

My sister had me watch the first episode of Signal, another Korean drama. I think she said it had the same director as Misaeng, which was one of our latest favorites. Signal started off really strong, so I'll have to watch the rest. It's a detective story with something seemingly supernatural happening. However, that part of the story is playing such a small part at the beginning that I have no idea what it's going to mean over the course of the show.

And right now I'm watching the new episode of Horace and Pete, Louis C.K.'s new project. It's not really a comedy. It's a lot of characters having very real conversations that no one's really having. He obviously thinks a lot about people. There's a lot of everyone getting in their corner these days, fighting off foreign ideas, so I think this show is sort of a reaction to that insulting oversimplification of ourselves we've allowed ourselves to become. It's sort of a gentle "here, dig a little deeper into why you think you think what you think." So yeah, not a comedy, but compelling.

#417648 - 03/12/16 01:24 PM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline

Cooked on Netflix is good stuff. Documentary series about food. Interesting angles on the subject, well-executed. I recommend it.

#418207 - 03/28/16 02:22 AM Re: So what are you watching tonight? [Re: CV]
CV Offline

The Barkley Marathons documentary on Netflix. Maybe the most brutal race on the planet? It's nothing I would ever attempt. I could see old member, Dean (grunt), actually completing it. Worth a watch, and let us know if you decide to do it.

Page 404 of 404 < 1 2 402 403 404

Moderator:  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2015 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.