I don't have any pics handy, but I've knocked out a number of rough projects - large area decks, monster swing sets (w/ fire pole, rock wall, two towers, bridge, etc, etc) and some basic tables for outdoor use.

I built our kitchen table, but nature gets most of the credit. I found a 4 foot tall camphor burled tree trunk at a flee market. Cut it to size, and put a plate of glass on top to make a table for all our meals. I promise, there is no table like it. Love it or hate it, it is unique. Holes and colors and swirls - the damn think looks possessed and liquid, and I could not get it out of my head once I saw it. (Those without my undeniable creative genius might see wood impersonating dog crap! But what do they know...) All I did was cut it and oil rub the top, so I don't claim it as wood work really.

Needed seating so I built what I think is called banquet seating - think a bench in a corner with seating along two sides. The top opens so we gain a good bit of storage area at the same time, and can seat 6 or 7 for food and drinks.

My father was an inventor of sorts, DIY'er extreme, and owner of a manufacturing company so I had access to metal and wood tools all my life. I love to create things, but the practice of law has stolen most of my time for such pleasures. That project to redo the look of my speakers was actually one of the more fun projects I have done in some time. Nice to break out of the comfort zone every now and then. (And for the record, that swing set was the most difficult project I have undertaken...probably ever.)

Yes, yes, I'll try to get some pics!

Last edited by Zimm; 03/24/09 05:26 PM.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire