Well I finally pulled the trigger yesterday.

- Preordered a Panasonic AE4000 from the projector people.
- Ordered a Carada Brilliant White 134” 1.78 Precision screen.
- Ordered a Oppo BDP-83 Blu-ray player.

On Saturday I made one last attempt to find some local retail furniture that would work for me before going with a local custom furniture maker and it finally paid off. Just last week Mor Furniture put out black leather reclining chaise lounges with firm padding. While there not HT (i.e. no cup holders) and way big they weren’t that expensive so I got 3. Did I say they’re big? No WAF no problem I say.

Should be emailing the dimensions for my curtains to Dazian tomorrow (thanks for listing them on your site Randy). Joan in fabrication has been a great help getting me on the right track. She sent me nice size samples to test out and has been a wealth of helpful information. Not only do they have the perfect fabric, “Carbonite II,” they’re total cost to make them is going to be 1/3 of what any local custom curtain makers were asking.

I’m making arrangements to paint the walls before hanging the curtains. Even though it will be 360 degree blackout with the curtains closed I just think the contrast with black curtains on white walls will be to stark when they’re open.

Question for anyone interested. What colour walls do you think would work well with a black ceiling, curtains furniture and tan blinds.

I also need to replace the carpet but was going to wait to see how dark I really need it first. Would having matching carpet and walls look better than different colours if I broke things up by painting the baseboards and other trim another colour? Here’s where no WAF = Dean needs help.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1