I appreciate the cool quotes that many of us use as our sig lines. I am often changing mine after seeing a new cool one - Ooh! SHINY!

Anyway, since there's way more cool quotes than 100 characters allow, I thought this might be a cool thread. I didn't search to see if it's been done before, but I'm pretty sure it's not been since I've been coming 'round.

I like a lot of Mark Twain and Dorothy Parker quotes. Just stumbled onto some cool ones from Christopher Hitchens:

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods."

"Everybody does have a book in them, but in most cases that’s where it should stay."

"My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either. It happens to be my view, but it doesn't challenge any of the findings of Darwin or Huxley or Einstein or Hawking."

(on intelligent design) "Our prefrontal lobes are too small while our adrenal glands are too big."

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.