Long story short, the ground wire on the outside my house has been cut. I can splice a section of new wire in the middle of the cut, and try to tie it back to the existing ground rod.

Or I can sink a new rod, closer to the breaker box.

I seem to recall a post here, sometime in the the last couple of years, about a better ground rod than the standard galvanized poll. I seem to recall it was described as being, square, open in the center, and had a woven design for the sides.

Does this thing exist? Does it make a better ground than the traditional part? Where do I get it? Or alternatively, what is the current best grounding method?
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K, PDP-5020FD, DV-79AVi
Axiom M22s, VP150, QS8s
Sony PS3, surround backs