Well I have been sitting at a desk more than turning wrenches for the past year and a half so I decided it was time to start with the weights again. I am doing a very simple 5x5 routine to get back into it.

Warm up consists of 15min on the treadmill about 1.5 miles then some stretching followed by the weights.

Week 1
Monday
Squats
Bench press
Bent over barbell rows

Wed
Squats
Standing Press
Deadlift 1x5(not 5x5 here)

Friday same as Monday

Week 2
Monday
Squats
Standing press
Deadlift 1x5

Wed
Squats
Bench
bent rows

Friday same as Monday

I have been increasing my weights every day by 5lbs except on the deadlifts I go 10 pounds

I am into week 7 and squats are up to 235lbs, bench 185lbs, row 155lbs, press 130lbs and pulled 285 yesterday. I came down with a severe cold Friday night so the past 2 workouts have been a little tough. By the end of week 12 I should be back to 300+ on my squats, benching 235 + and pulling 350+ on the DL. My overhead press will still be terrible, far too many shoulder injuries over the years but the strength will come eventually.

I plan to drop to 3x5 and then 1x5 as I miss reps at certain weights. I give myself 3 workouts at a weight and if I still can't get it, I drop back down for one work out and then bump back up, if I still fail I will drop to 3x5 for that excersize.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70