We haven't heard anything about the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth fellows in a while now, so I thpught I'd bring them back up again -- of course, I have a great reason to do so now.

To set the stage a little bit, we have the SBVfT guys saying that Kerry's account of how he earned his Silver Star was a lie. Kerry says they were under a lot of fire from a numerically superior force. John O'Neill, author of "Unfit for Command," maintains in his book that the statement "is simply false. There was little or no fire."

So how do we get the truth? Well, ABC's Nightline actually went to Vietnam and interviewed Vietnamese that are still living in the area where the incident took place. If you don't care to read the link below, let me just say that Kerry's version of the story is solidly supported.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/print?id=166434

But one of the more interesting parts of the story is the fact that one of the Swift Boat Veterans had the same idea. He went to Vietnam with a cameraman to try to get to the truth as well. When the Vietnamese wouldn't give him the info he wanted, he left.

So basically, everything the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have said about Kerry's war record is a lie, and they knew it all along.