I auditioned B&W 703s (the dealer I purchased all my Rotel gear is an authorized B&W dealer as well, and they say they both match each-other very well), actually three times: two times before I got my M60s and once after. Needless to say they are awesome speakers (not very sure for 704s though). However comparing $900 with $3000 (this one plus tax as well) a pair (M60s to 703s) it is an easy choice: Axioms!! They are actually very similar in sound: M60 is a little forward sounding but so is 703 and so I like it. I went back to the store a while after I got M60s and yes, I thought 703s may be a little better, kind of better soundstage and tighter bass managment but I was not sure if this was due to dealer's showroom acoustics or other factors. Plus, they are so similar sounding. Again, for the price M60s is an easy choice between the two. The ideal comparision you can do is: get M60 on the mail and talk to your B&W dealer if you can audition their B&W 704s or 703s in your home with your own equipment. I know it is difficult, but not impossible: for these expensive items, dealers may be able to do such favors...

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3