Heres the deal. my brother is going buy an MP3 player for his upcoming vacation. Because I have such an extensive MP3 library , he wants to send it to me to load, so he wont have to import his music library which is almost identical to mine (he leaves next week and doesnt have time)
I use iTunes on a Mac.
He has a Dell. (and is somewhat computer illiterate)
My initial thought is for him to buy an iPod, but they are "assigned" for a specific PC or Mac. In other words once you load from one PC or Mac it cant be modified with more or different music from a different PC or Mac. He seems to think that is OK, because once I load it he plans on leaving it as is and thinks he wont want to mess with loading any further music. I think once he gets it, he'll change his mind about that.
So here's some questions
1. What other 20GB MP3 players are there that will work on PC or Mac?

2. Are they all assigned to a specific PC or Mac?

3. I know one way around the "assigned" thing for the iPod , and that is by loading the files in the storage area of the iPod letting him then download them to his PC and then in to iTunes and then back into the iPod as music files. I'm just not sure if he will want to or if he would even know how.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have to give him a recomendation by Wed. A.M. 6/29.

Please dont bother with Mac or iPod bashing (I know you guys to well). Suggestions only please.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.