OK, so I tried to start the weekend testing out my new Sophia Baby tube amp. I think it' gorgeous, BTW... My goal was to try it only in stereo (obviously since I didn't get 3 of them...), with and w/o a sub. As result of my tests, I have a few amp/AVR questions some of you might be able to answer.

First, I hooked it all up using my pioneer 45TX as an pre amplifer and using the tube as an amp. Moved the speaker cables to the tube amp.

PROBLEM NUMBER ONE: I have to manually move the cables from my 45TX to the Sophia. I need an amp switch solution that I can use for 2 amps (tube and 45TX) and switch between for use w/ one set of speakers. Any suggestions? I found this as the closest, but I use 10 ga wire, not 14. I'd also prefer banana jacks, but I'd be willing to try pin connectors. Ideally, I need something that will isolate each amp so they don't drive each other, especially when one is off.

Dayton Switch

Next, I turned the tube amp knob to 1 o'clock (per Sophia), since I'm using this integrated amp as a power amp. Powered everything up and put on my latest reference LP, In Flight by George Benson. I had to turn up the volume to about -8/-10 dB versus my normal -20 db. OK, since I know the Sophia isn't a powerhouse. Wow, I thought, this sounds FANTASTIC. There's more depth, now I can hear the lingering string from the bass guitar. But wait, that's not right. DOH, by turning it up, I failed to drop the level on the sub as well to match.

PROBLEM NUMBER TWO: My amp doesn't seem to allow me different settings per input and it's kind of a hassle to readjust the sub (even w/ a remote macro) every time I listen w/ a tube. Any suggestions, short of a new AVR or separate tube setup?

After I figure out this "fiasco", I decided to try sans sub. So I use the "quick" setting on the AVR, to turn off the sub. As I'm playing a song, I try feel the sub's driver to ensure that it's not moving and the sub's really off. Hmm, it's moving to the beat softly, how come?

PROBLEM NUMBER THREE/SOLUTION: OK Einstein, if you "feel" the driver, don't forget that if the speaker is nearby and you have wood floors, the sub will also vibrate...DOH! I figured this out by playing a more bass heavy CD. The M22's bass was quite substantial (way to go M22's) but I could tell that the sub was off for sure.

Any help w/ the first 2 issues would be greatly appreciated. And as much as I'd like separte settings per input AND a DVI switcher, I'd like to avoid a new AVR since it's only about 2 years old.