Actually, the M22 was on its side. Be that as it may, after I responded to Ravi's post last night, I headed downstairs and popped the Chesky 5.1 tune-up disk into the player. Fiddled with the adjustments for a while (in the for what it's worth category, and I think someone has posted this observation here before, when listening to pink noise, the VP150 sounds a whole lot more like the QS8s than the M60s) and then put Pearl Harbor into the player. As was the case with LOTR, I was very impressed with the performance of the VP150. The dialogue and extraneous sounds were very clear, very detailed. The crumple of a piece of paper, soft tender dialogue, an item dropping to the ground - none of it lost in the mix. Next I played a few classical pieces and some instrumental jazz. Again, VP150 blended beautifully with its cousins.

So tonight it's back to the Blues and Rock. I'll pop BB, Eric, Larissa, Pink Floyd and ELP into the S2300 and check their voices out through the 150. Man this is such tough work, but it just has to be done. Thanks for listening (reading).

Phil