I recently replaced my EP-175 sub with a custum built sub from Stryke Audio. The new sub uses a 12" Lambda PB12 driver front mounted with two 15" passives on each side. The Lambda woofer is massive and uses a 120oz magnet.

The entire box was vaneered in African Mahogany which has a lot of ribbon grain detail. The sub is very well constructed with internal bracing and double walled mdf. Finished it weighs in at around 150lbs.

About a month ago I replaced the plate amp in my EP-175 with a 300W from www.artofsoundonline.com. The factory plate amp I took out of the EP-175 weighs about 2 lbs the new one weighed in at 15. On the new amp, there are two psu caps that each measure 6 & 1/2 inches in diameter. This is the same plate amp that REL uses for their subwoofers. The sound improvement was incredible. I next began to think that there was probably more bass that I was missing.

My new sub really sounds fantastic. Bass is really tight and clean sounding. The sub also looks fantastic. I never knew that bass could sound so good.

The total price including shipping to my door was about $850 USA. Everything was finished for me except to install spikes & my plate amp. I thought it was a very good price for a totally custom sub.

Here is the link for Stryke Audio: http://www.stryke.com/

I want to add that this is not mean to be a knock against the EP-175. I bought M60, VP-150, QS8 (with stands), & EP-175 for a package price which was a very good value for the money. My new sub just took things to a higher level.

Last edited by Steven; 04/29/03 11:33 AM.