Oh Wow!! did my previous post come out all wrong!My current mains are great speakers "in my opinion!" My listening space needs a lot of help to be made "listenable" on those rare ocassions when I get the oportunity to "just listen"!

When I first got my M3s a few years back; I found that I had a whole "new" CD collection! Some good ones now sounded bad and some bad ones now sounded good. But most sounded "good"!!

It was wierd.

I found it a real hoot to just sit and point at the instruments where they floated in my room. I could almost pick out the colors of the outfits worn by the back-up singers!

I find that I often times will listen to a CD with material I don't much care for if it has a particularily well recorded track or two, just to pick out the good stuff.(In that respect, you'd think I should have been drawn more to the M60s!)

I did find, however, that what I listen to has something to do with the speakers I'm listening to at the time.

When I have the main room set-up for listening(the rug on the fireplace, towels on the walls, speakers moved out from their cabinets, the furniature rearranged)I tend to listen to more "Big" music on the floorstanders than I did on the M3s. While when I listen to tunes on the more intimate dining room system with bookshelf speakers, I tend to stick more with small groups and other "smaller" sounds.(I can't wait to get M3s and tubes out there!!)

Movie DVDs have gone a long way to stall my CD collection pretty much where it is. This has much to do with WAF: The others in the house have discovered the importance of good sounds, but they are much more involved in the sounds generated by the flicks! Thankfully a large percentage of the current releases of DVDs have glorious soundtracks!!