O.K., I finally registered after lurking here for about a year 'cause I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

I have a 55" Mitsubishi rear projection t.v. and a Marantz 7400(?) AV receiver without any sort of surround sound system, yet. Fortunately, I was able to pick up the receiver from my neighbor for $400 a year after he bought it and wanted to upgrade to a Denon. I also, conveniently, have $500 available to start up my system AND I have the Wife's approval which is sometimes more important.

Anyway, my room is a furnished basement measuring approximately 12' wide with the t.v centered on that wall by approximately 18' deep with the sofa (main seating) along that wall and an 8' ceiling.

As I said, I've been lurking here and at the 'Spot' for over a year now and I think Axiom is the place for me. My thoughts are a pair of M22's for mains and a VP100 center channel, all from the Factory Outlet. That totals to slightly more than my budget, but I can renegotiate with the Wife on that one. Later, I'll add in the Q8's and a sub.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

VP100, M60ti's, HSU STF-2, Marantz SR7200, 55" Mitsubishi