In reply to:

Denon - was the best price receiver that had what we wanted. Got it at Tweeter for $800. Found it online for $600, but all the online dealers are not Authorized Dealers, so you don't get the warranty from Denon. The Online dealer offers the warrenty - and personally I'd rather have the warranty from Denon. Salesguy at Tweeter recommended it over the Pioneer.

Hmm... You actually one-step downgraded the receiver from your initial candidate Pioneer 45TX, which in fact competes with the Denon 3803. If the 2803 costed you significantly less, I would not have said anything. But you can actually get the 45TX for only $50 more, from an authorized dealer with full factory warranty.

Not that 2803 is a bad receiver; but the 45TX should really be compared to the 3803, with respect to both performance and price. I do not think it was a best buy for you in this case, regardless of what the salesperson told you (remember, the collective information on the net is far more reliable and honest than the opinion of a single salesguy).