Hello all- As always, I'm going crazy trying to get my system to sound as good as it can WITHOUT HAVING TO TWEAK RECEIVER/SPEAKER SETTING ANYMORE!! Okay, now that that is out of my system, on to the basics:

I have M60/VP150/2xQS8/EP500
I have a Yamaha RX V2400
My room is 20x20x10 (Half cube- Yes I know.....)
My EP500 is set on "flat" and at about 1/3 volume w/the crossover bypassed on the sub.

Now to the issues. If I use auot setup on Yamaha, I consistently get the Fronts, Center, and Rears at nearly max channel trim (+10) and the sub at minimum channel trim (-10), I get Fronts as "large", and the crossover is different every time.

With all this said, I had chosen to bypass Yamaha's auto setup and do it myself. For movies I set everything to small and 80hz crossover, Bass out to sub. For music, I use only the M/60's and EP500 set crossover at 60hz and Bass out to BOTH (this sounds better to me).

Here are my questions:

Based on above information, am I doing anything inaccurately?

When I manually try to set level w/SPL, where do I start the overall receiver volume?

Seems like if I use my personal listening level, I get similar result to auto setup which is all channels maxed out and sub near bottom. That just doesn't seem right for there to be a 20 db difference.

Should I calibrate all channels INCLUDING THE SUB to 75 db? Or just the non sub channels?

W/M60's should I use 80 hz or 60hz? I can only pick one xover for all my speakers (Damn 2400- Where's my HK?)

I know this is quite a bit, but I'm ready to set it and stop stressing about the receiver settings and start thinking about a television upgrade........

Thanks as always for each of your help. You guys are great.

M60 VP150 2x QS8 EP500 HK 7300 DENON DVD-3910 Sony 60" SXRD