I may have m22tis depending on how an auction goes much sooner than anticipated(perhaps sooner than the actual equipment), so I'd like to be prepared. Right now stuff is still somewhat up in the air since my receiver still hasn't come, I haven't any cables, a place to put everything, a subwoofer(still waiting for a good deal/auction to pop up on a nice Axiom or HSU). Stuff is still up in the air, so might as well tackle the issue of where the speakers will rest first.

The Axiom stands looked very nice. When I noticed the price.. no way. Anyone who remembers their jobs as a teenager will know why the price for those stands seems too high to me.

To give an idea of my standards, the stand I use for a computer right now is, two metal sheets with holes on them made to attach to four legs with little indents that fit into the holes. To not scratch the floor, I have those things that go onto the end of a bike kickstand on all four bent ends of the legs that touch the floor.. picked it up in a tenement apartment when the people moved out. Point being - if it'll hold them up without degrading the sound with tweeters somewhere around ear level while say, about four feet above the ground, I'd like to see them. If I can't get the Axioms connected to the stands.. hell, if the stands are cheap enough I wouldn't mind duct taping them, maybe with a hole cut out for the port. I prefer function, and saving my very slowly accumulated money over form anyday when it comes to electronics, speakers, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.