Isn't this a fun forum. I have really enjoyed everyone's comments here.

My initial comments were based on listening to CDs only. I have been waiting for the rest of my order, a VP100 and QS8's (which should arrive today) before I tried any DVDs, but I couldn' wait. It got the better of me. So I compromised and loaded up the Eagles Hell Freezes Over DVD (DTS version). You have to remember now that this is a mixed setup. I have the M40's as mains and the Awia stuff in the center and surrounds. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time for this, but when Hotel California started playing and I started switching back and forth between the M40's and the old Awia main, I could hear a big difference. The Awia's sounded almost scratchy. The M40's were much more clear and natural - the guitars sounded very nice. Because all channels are being used and because the recording routs a lot of the vocal and instrumental parts though the center, depending on the camera position, I noticed how bad the Awia center channel sounded compared to the M40s. I am sure the VP100 will address that nicely and I can't wait for the QS8's.

As nice as the M40's sounded, the jury is still out on how much detail they are capable of revealing. If any of you have listened to the newer Wharfedale EVO 30 or 40 you know what I mean. They are amazing, but at least double the $$$. I compared them to the Paradigm Studio models and WOW, much more detailed. But, it is a subjective comparison and everyone has there own likes and dislikes.

Anyway, back to the Axioms. I can't wait to get the all Axiom setup in place. I know it will be much better than what I have and, for the price, I think it will be hard to beat. Price was a bit issue, so for a value priced system, I am hoping this will work out very nicely.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and COLOR.