Thanks for the replies guys!

What I'll do is send these M3's back, and go for the M60's. They were what I really wanted originally. I do not want to be listening to my system and wondering "what if..".

I thought I could 'settle' for M22's as my mains, but ended up going even another step below them and got the M3's. Mistake. There's nothing wrong with the M3's, but you've gone and infected me with the dreadful "audio-itis" (sigh - I guess I should have been wearing a mask while on the computer?).
Plus, now that I've heard and compared the M60's side by side with the M3's and the M22's.....?
And no, I do NOT want to hear the M80's!

So my order of purchase will now be:

1) Now: exchange/upgrade from the M3's to the M60's (there goes that new TV that I've been saving for!)
2) 1-2 months: the QS8's
3) 2-4 months: the VP150
4) 4-6 months: SVS or HSU sub
5) 1 year: new TV

For those of you who are dying to do the "I told you so" thing - consider it done. You were right, I wouldn't be happy till I ended up with my "dream" system, (especially now that I've heard it!).

As far as this system being in 'too-small' of a room? The room is actually 13.5' x 29'. I've only been using half of the room for my bedroom, the other half has been set up as a mini living room. But I'm now going to re-sort the layout to accommodate for the "audioitis". After all, I doubt if there's anyone out there who will be listening to their system more than I will be (17 hours/day - roughly).

Thank you everyone for your advice/guidance, it is truly appreciated.

1pha

(Stay tuned for volume IV of this continuing saga, due out August/03, where 1pha will discuss the various aspects of prioritizing sound over food - all rights reserved)