Couldn't agree more on the fallibility concept.One of the things I'm trying hardest to get out of the equations is precicely the human element. Every time we try to mix science and humanity together, invariably the data will be corrupted

Unfortunately.....we don't make speakers for machines,... but if we did, I'll bet THEY could give us the right answers, IF they were programmed correctly(that human element again)

I also heartily agree that my own reaction to new speakers may be adversely affected by preconceived notions, as can most everyone else. How to avoid it in every day situations is the tricky part.(A series of double-blind tests would help, but I can Almost afford one set of speakers at a time) The absolute bottom line, of course, is that in the overall scheme of things.....it really dosen't matter We listen to our speakers for ten minutes or so, and we may, or we may not, hear anything unusual, and at the end of that short period of time we all agree on the same absolute thing: We either like, or we don't like, our speakers!!

The Tempest in the Teapot dissipates a lot more rapidly than the discussion ever does, crazy; ain't it? But it is a fun topic.

Note: The discussion would be a whole lot more fun if I didn't have all these darn Grandkids(gotta love 'em)buggin' me all the time!

Guess I'll take the time to review all the good reads you've supplied; could be more than just a bit enlightning I'll bet, thanx. I'll have to read fast though; like yourself, time is sneaking up on me too! I'll be 61 in a couple weeks

Just spotted the Astronaut comment, funny it is!! Kinda like Newton telling us how to slingshot our space probes from around one planet to another, but we were too busy protecting ouselves from Indians to recognize the significance!

Power cords huh? I'm just trying to keep paying these new electricity bills!! Now That is crazy!!
Rich.

Last edited by F107plus5; 08/27/05 04:11 PM.