The ICBM was primarily intended as a bass management system for the universal DVD players that lacked sufficient bass management in the 5/6 channel direct mode while playing SACD's and DVD-A's.
This pretty much covers just about most of the universal players with the exception of some of the *much* more expensive units.

I've been told that if you have a processor/receiver with a good bass management the ICBM will not do anything different that the pro/receiver will do, and actually that incorporating an ICBM into the receiver (except direct mode on SACD/DVD-A's) will take away the speaker delay setting on your pro/receiver.

From the Outlaw site...

In reply to:

The ICBM Bass Management System for Digital Audio

The Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 is a sophisticated, audiophile-grade six-channel bass management system designed to be used with DVD-Audio or SACD players. $249

I've got one coming myself in a day or so and in a few days I'll let you know how I like it. I hear for the systems that don't have bass management and the universal players that lack bass management while playing SACD's and DVD-A's the thing is wonderful.

Rick
Our Room

smile