Well as most of you know I have been working on remodeling about 3/4 of our basement, which amounts to about 1800 sq ft. Included in the remodeling is a bedroom/office, full bathroom, and a larger recroom which includes a bar area/pool table and YES a dedicated HOME THEATER area.

Anyway, Nickbuol and I have been in a bit of a contest to see who would get done first, well he kicked my butt a long time ago. I basically have done everything myself from wiring/framing/drywall, etc... I did hire the mudding/texturing job and will get someone in soon to lay the carpet.

Nick has been asking for some pics, so here are a few:

First off we have a shot of my DIY Screen I just temporarily mounted for testing purposes. I still need to trim the corners as you can see where I folded the material around the frame. The screen is 51" x 120" in a 2.35 AR.

Second we have a shot of my DIY QS8 mounts, basically they are some shelf brackets I picked up at Menards. I like them becuase they give me the clearance I wanted, and have a gloss black plastic cover on the backside to hide the wires.

Third we have a shot of my projector, which is a Sanyo Z2 WXGA LCD projector. I made the DIY mount out of 3/4" pipe/flanges/bolts&nuts/painted wood.

Here is a picture of my new Prismasonic H-600M Anamorphic lens, I have not mounted it yet in front of the projector. What this will achieve is once I scale 2.35 movies to fit the height of my screen vertically (makes everything look skinny), the lens then stretches out to fit the 2.35 screen. The advantage is your using the 33% of the pixel panels you normally lose on a 16:9 screen. Thus, the picture is much brighter/better as well, not to mention you get the full movie experience with no black bars and full width...

Here is a pic from near the back of the room by the walk out door of the entire theater area, you can see the 4 Qs8's in this picture. I don't have my other speakers/receiver down their yet, as I am building a stage/platform for below the screen for them. That is the stuff you see sitting on the floor to the left.

And here is a picture of what will become my AV rack. I built a nice big closet for easy access.

I am eager for your comments. I resized the pictures to try to be dial up friendly

Randy

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85