I had a Lord of the Rings marathon this past weekend and invited a neighbor who has some Klipsch floor standing speakers (not sure of model or age, but they are less than 3 years old). He was impressed with the sound of my M60s/VP150/QS8s set up. He was not as blown away as some of the other guys that have little "theater in a box" setups from Wal-Mart (not knocking them, to each his own, right?), but he did really like them even over his Klipsch gear.

Funny thing. He was the one who inspired me to get a nice theater setup. I had my old dedicated theater which was sold with our last house, and I said "never again" because our new house didn't lend itself to a dedicated room. I thought that I would end up with little Infinity speakers in my living room since it was already wired for ceiling mounted spakers, meaning small speakers. Anyway, I heard his setup (again Klipsch) and said, "no, I am getting nicer speakers than the little Infinity speakers" which in turn meant I needed a new place to keep them besides my living room, which meant I could get a projector, and the whole thing snowballed from there.

Farewell - June 4, 2020