On Monday, I ordered two custom colour samples - Heartland Maple with Burnt Sienna Grills and Russian Maple with Light Gold Grills. They arrived this morning (Wednesday) via FEDEX.

Here is what I was expecting...a couple of 4"x6" MDF cut offs from the 're-cycling bin' with a swatch of grill cloth. Again, an old 'rag' tossed in the box.

I could not have been further from the truth.

Here is what you get: custom made 8"x10.5" beveled plaques, fully covered with the custom colour. Centred on the plaque is a fully functional 4"x5" grill cover - with all the proper grill mounting hardware. That is right, you can just pull the grill off of the plaque - or attach it back on. Below the grill cover is the 'axiom' logo that they attach to their speakers. The quality and finish of these 'samples' is fantastic! I am almost tempted to hang them on the wall. But my wife would just cuff me on the head...so lets not go there.

When I read that axiom's speakers were finished with vinyl, instead of a wood veneer, I was wondering how they hold up to the WAF. If the quality of the finished speakers are even close to these samples, she - and I - will be very pleased.

Well done axiom - top notch.

Cheers,
Rob