I just got two QS4s and am a little disappointed. Not with the Q4s but with my room setup. I am not sure what it is.

The M22s are about 6 feet apart and about 8 or 9 feet from me. One is about two feet closer to my ears than the other one (due to WAF).

The Q4s are about 2-4 feet away both slightly in front of the line that runs through both my ears (or would if I didn't have a brain in the way). Again one is a foot farther back than the other (waf prevents the speakers from being paralel). I can move the chair to get them equidistant from my head, but it doesn't help much.

M2 for center is about four feet behind the M22s but due to room design I don't think that can be helped.

Sub seems alright.

Room is about 7 feet wide and 20 plus feet long.

I do have the sound and vision dvd and a sound meter (actually two sound meters). I hope to caibrate this weekend.

But I really don't know what I am doing.

My biggest complaint is that I don't get the sense of being in a concert hall or studio or whatever. When I close my eyes it sounds like a collection of good speakers poorly set up in an acoustic nightmare of a room.

Another complaint is that usually the Q4s don't make much sound (I don't care about movies yet - this is with regular cds and some SACD 5.1 discs). (I do have the police sacd, a surround sound organ cd and the flaming lips 5.1 disc - they do have a lot of sound from the Q4s - but this is only 3 discs).

Any ideas of what I am not doing right yet? Or next steps to take? Do the speakers really need to be parrelell and equidistant from my ears? I thought I read that axiom says there is some leeway - especially with the Q4s.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.