Hi,

I have a NAD C370. My NAD C370 exploded. Fire and smoke kind of exploded. Run around in circles looking for the power cord to pull to stop the fire and smoke exploded. Find a towel to beat-out out the fire engulfing the window drapes kind of exploded.

Sort of pissed me off because no music was playing; it was simply on. It was evening and I would have been in bed an hour later. I then would have written "My NAD's killed me and my family in a blazing inferno."

OK; I'm better now. Took my meds.:-)

I opened up the C370 and found one of the 4 10,000uF/80VDC 'lytics had blown, the venting cap gasses melted the insulation on the adjacent 115VAC power cord which then proceeded to arc, flame and smoke mightily. Vent slots in the top of the C370 cover helpfully transferred the sparks and flames to the drapes a foot away. The fuse never blew because the venting cap comprimised the power cord before the fuse. Before you ask; I'm a EE and I am absolutely anal about having anything on an amp or even around it that would obstruct convective air-flow.

Good amp though. I'm going to repair it.

Got 10 some DigiKey 10,000uF/80VDC (P10645-ND) coming in. I'll replace all 4 caps, check the torroid xformer and bridge rectifiers before I do. My wife does not want in the house anymore, repaired or not. She's skittish that way.

Anyone have a similar experience? Anything else I should be checking? Close call; I don't want a repetition.

Mariss