Hi, I hope you can help me out here. I've got my speakers on order and am very close to finishing my home theater/rec room area of my basement.

My basement area is fairly large for a home theater as it will serve multi-purpose entertainment functions for adults and children.

Overall "approximate" dimensions are;
21' wide
27' deep
8' ceiling (with the exception of a 4' to 5' wide span encompassing the main support beam and HVAC duct work where the ceiling height drops to about 7')

The listening/viewing area is approximately 15' from the 65" widescreen HD rear projection television.

I have a small boxed in support post containing lighting controls (with a 8" by 10" footprint) 14' back from the front wall and 13' in from the right wall.

Ceiling will be 2' by 2' acoustical tiles.

I have a THX-Ultra certified 7.1 channel receiver driving the speaker system which will consist of;

2 - M22ti (Main on a pair of FMS16 stands)
1 - VP150 (Center)
2 - QS8 (Surround - mounted with a pair of Full Metal Brackets)
2 - QS8 (Rear - mounted with supplied brackets)
1 - EP350 (Sub)

I'll be playing with the placement of the subwoofer so it isn't really a consideration.

What concerns me most (since I am finishing my basement with home theater audio in mind) is the recommended placement of the primary speakers (front, surrounds, and rear).

What I am ultimately searching for is the recommended distance between each set of speakers.

Given the room dimensions, can you assist in this? I'm hoping to install the conduit for my speaker wire this week and must mount boxes for the speaker wire/speaker location.

Thank you,
Spence
Madison, WI

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds