So I finally went and got the Dark Side of the Moon SACD. I have a few beefs. First of all, and this is my own stupidity, I was getting only the surrounds and center plus sub, and it took me half the album to realize I had somehow hit the "Speakers" button and toggled the B outputs. Now, on to the SACD:

1) I had just become happy with my system, now I find myself moving and recalibrating things for the SACD to sound right. I'm going to have to program some macros into my MX-700 so I don't have to tweak things manually. Luckily my QS-8s are on stands so I can move them behind my listening position, they sound better there for SACD than on the side.

2) I love bass as much as the next guy, but where does the 5.1 engineer get off adding those super low transients where they don't exist in the stereo version? Maybe I'll get used to them, but I am intimately familiar with the stereo versions, from vinyl to the original cd tranfer to the digital remaster. These LFE's muddy the sound in parts, IMHO.

These are just quick opinions after 3 listens, only 1.5 of which were just sitting and listening as opposed to tweaking and troubleshooting my own mistakes.

"There's too many notes!" M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 AVR-2805 SCD595 Panasonic DVD-S35