I'm trying to choose between the VP100 and VP150. I have room for the VP150, I can afford it, and I think it would at least *look* cool right up front with the TV. My concerns are. . .

From the website, the VP150 is "6 Ohms (Compatible with 8 Ohm receivers)". What exactly does compatible mean in this context? My receiver has a warning label saying it's for 8 to 16 Ohm speakers only. I'm just not sure what to make of that.

I've heard from some people who love the VP150, but also several who think it's too bright at the high end. They complain of exaggerated S and P sounds in dialog. I've also read one explanation saying that a lot of movie soundtracks have intentionally exaggerated the high end, in order to compensate for the acoustics of your typical theater. . . and the VP150 is simply reproducing that signal faithfully, whereas other center-channel speakers tend to roll it off.

By comparison, the VP100 is an 8 Ohm speaker, and it has only one tweeter, so it's very conventional and there should be no surprises. It would seem like a safe choice.

I have a large workroom where I'm putting this setup. . . BUT when watching movies it's usually just me in my easy chair sitting only about 7 to 8 feet in front of the TV! So it seems like the room-filling qualities of the VP150 would be wasted in this situation anyhow.

I'm guessing the VP150 might be a plus when running 5.1 DVD Audio or SACD music. I have the hardware to play those discs, but I haven't really gotten "into" DVD Audio yet.

Can someone help me decide?