Mike's question in the HT forum regarding whether or not his HK 7200 will drive a couple of VP150s got me to thinking about something....

I've read everywhere that this receiver will drive 4 ohms speakers, I have searched through my owners manual and online for H/K's answer to this question and I cannot find it. Keep in mind that I am in no way by any means competent whenever it comes to electronics, so with that in mind and given the specs for my AVR 635 below...what tells me that this receiver is capable of delivering the power for 4 ohm speakers *and* what is the minimum ohms this receiver can drive?

In reply to:

Stereo Mode
Continuous Average Power (FTC) per Channel : 90 Watts per channel, 20Hz – 20kHz, @ <0.07% THD, both channels driven into 8 ohms
Seven-Channel Surround Modes, Power per Individual Channel :
Front L & R Channels : 75 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz – 20kHz into 8 ohms
Center Channel : 75 Watts @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz – 20kHz into 8 ohms
Surround Channels (L & R Side, L & R Back) : 75 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz – 20kHz into 8 ohms
*****Input Sensitivity/Impedance Linear (High-Level) : 200mV/47k Ohms***** Is this the answer?
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A) : 100dB
Surround System Adjacent Channel Separation :
Dolby® Pro Logic® I and II : 40dB
Dolby® Digital : 55dB
DTS® : 55dB
Frequency Response at 1W (+0dB, –3dB) : 10Hz – 130kHz
High Instantaneous Current Capability (HCC) : ±50 Amps
Transient Inter modulation Distortion (TIM) : Unmeasurable

Thanks!

Rick
Our Room

smile