New gripe:

Our receptionist has NEVER had a brand-new computer. NEVER. So when making our budget for this fiscal year (ours is from July 1 to June 30) I pushed to have a nice new machine allocated. 2GB RAM, monster HDD, 19" LCD monitor, DVD burner, etc. So it 's allocated for this month and we get it in and I set her up. She couldn't be happier. I'm out at her desk talking to her and making sure her profile is set up as she wants it and along comes another co-worker. Well he sees that LCD screen and immediately says "why does she get a 19" LCD? She's just the receptionist!" This from a guy who has a 2-month old state-of-the art laptop AND a 17" (equivalent to a 19" CRT) LCD at his desk. So he's running a dual-lcd setup, his laptop LCD and the 17". He actually gets into such a state that he goes to his manager and causes such a ruckus that I get drawn into a meeting with him, his manager, and mine (VP-IS). Well, one thing I learned during my time at Intel is not to take to [censored] from anybody at meetings. So I laid into him like a pit-bull into raw steak. At the end he wasn't very happy with the reaction from his manager. I maybe should have been happy, but the guy is 35 fer chrissakes. Grow the hell up!

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti