By default EAC connects to FreeDB. You can get EAC here and the LAME software here.
You will need to extract the lame software into it's own folder then tell EAC to use an external codec and tell it where that codec is located on your computer.

From within EAC you choose EAC, Compression Options. That should open a window called "Compression Options". There is a tab titled Exteranal Compression, click it if it is not already chosen. In the first dropdown menu choose LAME MP3 Encoder. Below that is a field called "Program, including path, used for compression". Click the Browse button to the right of that and find where you unzipped the LAME program (LAME.exe). You can (though not recommended) set some command line parameters in the "Additional command line options" field. Seriously, it's not recommended. The support for it is confusing and the presets you can choose are great. Personally I choose Variable Bit Rate 192 from the Bit Rate drop down menu and High Quality. Well, at least on my machine at work. I think I have it set a bit higher at home, but that's purely psychological. There is no discernable difference in sound quality. So, yeah, you can use some of the switches, but that's really for geeky tweakers (not the meth kind thank you very much!) who can't leave well enough alone.

-j

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens