I am using a pretty good Atlantic Technology 262PBM subwoofer. At higher levels, everything sounds very good. At lower levels, I can't help but wonder if the M60's would have a little more punch than the M22's.

Here is one thing I just thought of. My current receiver has its crossover set to 100hz. Even with M60's I would probably want to set my speakers to "small" right? If I do that, will the M60's sound any different than the M22's? I could get a new receiver with a custom set crossover to 80hz but now I am looking at spending an additional $1,000 as opposed to "just" $500.

One problem I think we all face is that we get used to just how good our systems really sound. If one is the least bit paranoid it is easy to think a buddies $250 Klipsch RB3's with 6.5" drivers had more punch than my M22's. Of course I heard his speakers over a year ago and what I hear as punch may have been from the subwoofer and if I watched that same movie on my M22's with my sub, my setup may sound way better. Of course HellBoy was about the worst movie I have seen and don't care to even attempt an A-B comparison.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Greg

Last edited by GregM; 11/24/05 03:49 PM.