Well,...I've been Googling, and gargling(note; "Gargling" is what you do when you try to digest bad data, and it just won't stay down!) all over the place trying to find out exactly what it is that makes one better than the other, and I'm just about stalled in my attempts to find precisely what the PF15TL+ is all about.

Sometimes I think it may be a driver with passive radiators), but then something else pops in to say that it's not.

Then I get the impression that it goes low enough, but not loud low. Then it seems that maybe it does play low and loud, but only when high distortion is factored in.

I get the impression that it is foremost a musical sub rather than designed for HT,(but then some others contend that it's great for both)

It appears that lots of folks like it, but perhaps a few more don't.

...and it seeeems to be discontinued, making data gathering even more difficult.

Bottom line, of course, is that without lots and lots of information, including the T-S parameters(true sets, not doctored)on BOTH subs, plus detailed build dimensions, on both subs, and(most importantly)verified and comparable plots and graphs, on both subs, we ain't gonna get a good and honest comparison!

We can, and have, had a lot of fun looking for data(kinda like goin' fishin'.....when all is said and done, the fish goes back into the pond!)

It sounds, on the surface, that you may be making the right decision in your next sub purchase,......we just can't currently quantify why!!
Rich.

Oh,... I just gotta add something to the bottom about something John had said in responce to another thread you had started: Remember the "round vs square' question? He was talking about port length.

Just for fun, I had done a couple quick checks to find out what size port I'd need with my new driver IF I decided to run it in a ported alignment.(I wouldn't cuz it's designed to be in an acoustic suspension environment)But the port would have to be slightly over 5" in dia to not give any port chuffing, and be over FOUR FEET LONG!!!

Oh, and by the way, one bad reaction I got from my Wife when I suggested a round enclosure to house an iso-baric alignment, was that it looked like a hot water heater and it belonged in the utility room, NOT in the living room!!! Ah,...WAF again!

This IS a lot of fun though, isn't it?? And that's what it's all about
Rich.

Last edited by F107plus5; 12/03/05 02:20 AM.