You know, I think there's something to be said for a BFD-like level of control that a digital filter gives you, especially if you have multiple room modes. With adequate tweaking, you can get a flat enough response to impress fellow audio geeks with. But I think the multi-band filter approach was good enough to get rid of the few really bad room modes that dominated my room response. The BFD does have lots of cool LEDs (that's why Mark got it I bet), but I just love the tweakiness from the 6 pots on the 2 bands I'm using. (I'm an elec eng in case you can't tell.) So while Rich might like swapping resistors in and out, I think turning pots is a lot more fun. A purist might also say that analog will give cleaner sound than digital, but I doubt anyone can hear digital distortion in sub-100 Hz sound anyways.

And there's no sense getting too worked up about every last dB of resonance. Especially when you've spent only a total of $1500 on audio (cheap Panasonic receiver & DVD, used sub & PE, new Axiom M3ti & VP100). Jeez the audio armoire was more than that!

--Martin