Hi Everyone...very glad to be here, great forum. I have been lurking for the past few days reading lots of posts on many different subjects. My wife and I have been trying a temporary home theater set up in a dedicated room in our basement over the last few months. The room measures 35'L x 15'W x 8'H. We have purchased an Infocus DLP Projector and a 16x9 Carada screen which we have been very impressed and decided to purchase leather theater style seating. We decided to do two rows of three for the seating. We now fell in love with the idea. So now the Home Theater is a must for us. We plan to upgrade our current system (circuit city/best buy components from college) in approx 1 yr...problem happend this past weekend when our current receiver went out to lunch. No surround at all... just have two channel output and very weak at that...its killing us. Went from DD 5.1 to very weak 2 ch. AWFUL! Thus the main reason for my post, we need a new receiver or time to upgrade to separates to feed our future Axiom speaker purchase. I have a few questions concerning receivers or separates.

I have been learning about Axiom's excellent performance to value ratio here. For my speaker needs I am totally sold on Axiom. I really like the idea of Epic 80 system for my room.

First Question: Size of my room ok for M80s? (ear position is approx 13' from front wall in first row) Would M60 be better fit...80s overkill?

Second Question: I do see (hear) the difference in going with separates...Do you have any recommendations on a Pre/Pro Amp Separates to drive the above mentioned systems using the Axiom perfomance to value ratio? I would like to remain in a "Axiom" value type situation when selecting my components. Any recommendations?

A colleague has recommended Outlaw separates to power Axiom’s Epic 80 system. 80s at 4 ohms hard on amp? What are your thoughts on Outlaw? Are you guys using separates or are you getting away with receivers?

I appreciate any and all comments. I have an open mind and I am willing to consider all possibilities and recommendations. My wife and I both being professionals, using my time wisely I figured this forum would be the best place to start my research. Thank you to all that reply. I look forward to visiting this forum.

Joe