Nice. I've always thought that the squeezebox has the best options. I kinda wish it came in a more standard home audio form factor, but that would be likely just a waste of materials.

Which music did you encode as FLAC, and which as MP3? I started down the FLAC road for all of my 300 CDs because of the exact CD-quality thing. Then I thought that to justify all the hard drive space, I should probably just confirm that I can actually *tell the difference* between FLAC and 128-320 VBR MP3. I did listening tests with some sample music, and could honestly not tell the difference with most of the tunes (mostly rock-ish stuff). I was, however, able to notice a difference in some Tallis Scholars tracks. The ambience of the cathedral was noticeably reduced on the MP3. Makes me think that if I listened long and hard enough, I'd be able to discern a difference in most of my music, but I'm not too concerned. At the moment I just FLAC encode the stuff that's REALLY REALLY important, and MP3 the rest.

I'd be interested to hear the results of any blind tests you happen to run.