1. It's a matter of personal taste? Both companies have excellent reputations and make quality products. You'll find owners of each, here on the forum, who are completely satisfied with their subwoofer. You can't go wrong picking either, and won't be disappointed by either. (Of course, you'd be MUCH happier with an Axiom EP500! )

2. Dakkon answered that one. Doesn't really matter, performance-wise.

3. Interesting that you would be contrasting the STF-2 with the PB12 ISD. The PB10-ISD is more similar to the STF-2 in both performance and price. I have owned the STF-2, and were it I, though I've heard neither, based on what I've read, I'd tend to lean toward the PB10 or PB12, ONLY because they extend a bit lower in frequency response than the STF-2.

Whether I opted for the PB10 or PB12 would be dependent upon the size of my room and adjoining open space. The PB12 should be able to play a bit louder which would make it more desirable if you have a large volume of air to move. If yours is a small to medium sized room, the PB10 or STF-2 would suffice (in spades! ).

On the other hand, if you're primarily interested in music, the STF-2 is very responsive, tight, and accurate. Again, no matter which way you go, it's a win/win situation.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton