Thanks Alan and Others!!!!

I think that you confirmed my theory about what was happening. I don't think that there is much that I can do about it.

The Comcast cable goes directly into the Sony without using a cable box or cable card. I posted on another thread about this and I haven't figured out why it works. The channels are not listed on the Comcast website and when I called their tech support, they knew nothing about it. These channels with the .xx (like 92.10) must be commonly known because my son told me to look for them in the setup. He had read about them on some website.

Kenwood is not in the running for a new receiver, Onkyo, maybe Yahama or Denon. I really need to get off my butt and make a decision. Receiver will most probably drive a seperate amp.

Bug, I may try using another receiver input for the OPPO DVD. I had been thinking about that but the "spirit" just hasn't moved me. Probably won't for a while because grandson #2 arrived last night.

Once again, thanks for all of the excellent input.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV