Thanks everyone for your quick and informative replies! I really appreciate it.

To answer some questions, my older 5.1 system (about 7 years or so already) is composed of Marantz separates (5 mono block MA-500s 125w per/ch at 8ohms, and can also be used at 4 ohms), Marantz PreAmp 5.1
AV550 (DD only, no DTS yet) and Infinity Crescendo/Kappa equivalent with a Velodyne subwoofer and will be relocated to the master bedroom to be paired with a plasma TV. The video part is an Optoma H78DC3 DLP front projector with a 110" diagonal screen. I am planning to upgrade the audio system this year since I am also remodelling and reorganizing my home theater room. The Axiom Audio+Outlaw system will cost me between 7-8K. I was also initially thinking of getting B&W speakers to pair with the Outlaws before I stumbled across Axiom's web site. However, I was concerned at the price difference which relative to my situation is significant. I've heard the new B&W Nautilus 800 series with Classe amp/preamp and really loved the sound quality but it's cost for me is just too astronomically high. I also did not want to settle for the midprice models since the sound quality was nowhere near the Nautilus line. I was hoping I could do a side by side comparison of these 2 speakers from Axiom and B&W to see how they compare sonically since I favor a non-fatiguing sound so I can listen and watch movies for hours.

Yes, I guess, with the Internet these days, I am now leaning more towards the best bang for my buck, as an example my last DVD player purchase was an Oppo Digital model and I was amazed at the video quality you got for the money nowadays...in the end, in my opinion, I think a set of the best speakers, amps, and so on would really only make a difference if I were a true audiophile with true audiophile grade components, etc. and to me that means not just the electronic components but the listening room really matters as well as a critical part of the system.

I've come to realize and accept over the years that I am not an audiophile after all to spend boatloads of money on this A/V hobby. Of course, winning the lottery may change all of that in an instant...

Nino