I am in the process of building a 20x26 room with 11'8" vaulted ceilings for my entertainment room. It will contain a wet bar, pool table and TV viewing area. If my math is correct it's 6000+ cubic feet of volume. It will also have a 15' opening into my kitchen dining area.

My questions are I have the VP150 currently and am looking to finish out the system. Would the QS8's be enough for my surrounds or do/should I upgrade them to ?. I am running a 5.1 system right now with a Yamaha HTR-5280 A/V receiver.

My initial thoughts were to get
2X M80
2X QS8
1 EP500

At this point I'm thinking separates and use the 5280 as my pre/pro (for now). I've been looking at Rotel and Halo 2 channel amps to run the M80's up front and the 5280 to run the rest. I would like to stay around that price point if possible or under. Given that I live in MN and neither of those manufacturers have dealerships in MN it makes it pretty tough to get a listen or to even see one in person. The system will be 90% movies and I like to feel my movies!

Any of you in MN (Twin Cities) that has this type of setup and would be willing to give a guy a listen?

Thanks for your help!
-Matt