Well KCSkins,

a liitle late but here is my reply.

I have a Well Tempered Classic Turntable (with their arm and a hiogh output Grado Reference cart), the Axiom's, and The Mcintosh gear. Actually, I have since built a bottlehead tube preamp and phono stage to replace the C-28. (Don't get me started on tubes!) I also have a Rega Planet CDP hooked up to this system.

The Rega gets almost NO use. I only play it when I really want to hear something that is unavailable on vinyl. If I like it enough to play it and it is available on vinyl the CD just sits there. the rega is a nice player but compared to vinyl on the well tempered it just doesn't cut it. There is a warmth, soundstage and clarity to vinyl that CD's just don't get. I love everything about vinyl and really wonder how I went without it for awhile. Rock that would be painfully harsh at loud volumes on the Rega sounds absolutely stunning on vinyl (assuming the pressing is good). I read another post on here about poor recordings of rock music and the same holds true for vinyl. But if I play a good pressing of serious rock and roll at serious volume the experience is sometimes staggering. I recently purchased the MOFI version of Abbey Road. My domestic version sounded great compared to CD, this takes that a couple steps further.

The Axiom's take everything the 200 watt Mcintosh can give them and seem to have room to spare. I have some Pioneer HPM 150's and some Apogee planar speakers that each do somethings that the Axiom's don't but the Axiom's are very versatile and offer a better all around loudspeaker package then either of the aforementioned.

The 2205 is an excellent, monster of a SS power amp, weighing in at close to 100 lb's it's built like a tank. The big blue VU meters are a joy to look at.

I listen to vinyl and it's an experience. I listen to Cd's and it's just kinda there.

So until I find a tube power amp to die for and incredibly sensitive speakers to match it, the Axiom's and McIntosh keep me very happy.