Oh, please don't misunderstand me; I am VERY pleased with quantity (especially quality) of the bass from these speakers!

In all the research I have done over the years, the one thing I have found that gets to me are glaring reviews with nothing but praise for a product, and no mention of weaknesses. A good example is my current main speakers, my little Klipsch Quintets. Do a search for reviews, and you would think they are the best thing ever. Every review is positive, with slmost no weaknesses pointed out. I had to have something small, and when I listened to them, I *knew* something was missing/wrong. For HT, they do an okay job, and sound quite nice, but for music they are horrible. I guess for what they are (tiny speakers) then maybe they are good, but surely they could have sounded better; the reviews sure led me to have high expectations.

Anyway, the M60s are every bit what I had hoped for and then some! I have to admit, I wonder if Axiom would ever release a similar speaker with dual 8" woofers... *grin*

But now I see what people mean about them not being "bright". IMHO, they are not at all. Accurate is a good way to describe it, but definately not bright.

As far as my setup, I tried both large and small, and they sound equally good either way; But for ease-of-use I have it setup as small, crossed over at 100Hz (I only have 3 choices: 60, 100, and 150). The reasons I am leaving it like that is because I switch between the "A" and "B" speakers (A-quintets for movies, and B-M60s for music). Its a screwy way to do it, but I can't do large speakers all around for HT; I can't even do bookshelves, so the Quintets have to stay for HT. But the M60s are there for music duty.

Even crossed over at 100hz they sound fantastic. They blend SO WELL with my sub it is amazing. As I mentioned above and in other threads here and elsewhere, my Quintets don't blend well with my sub. I realize I have them crossever over too low, but honestly it makes no difference; my sub's high freq limit is 100hz, and my mains low limit are *supposed* to be 100 Hz, so no matter if I set the cross over to 100 or 150 I have a hole.

The m60s on the other hand blend so seamlessly with the sub it truly is amazing!

-Alan

PS. My TRUELY ONLY regret is that now I wish I could have an all axiom setup for HT duty. Maybe one day in the future when I have a room dedicated to HT I will...

Last edited by FirebirdTN; 02/28/06 11:28 AM.