Hello,

I have a H/K 520 receiver that is rated for 8 ohms. On H/K's website it states that their products will accept most 4 and 6 ohm loads, but that unit may go into protection mode. I emailed H/K and here is their response:

"Good morning and thank you for your inquiry. Harman Kardon receivers are designed to work best with speakers rated at 8 ohms. All Harman Kardon Audio/Video receivers can handle MOST 4 and 6 ohm speakers on the market today. However, there are some manufacturers' speakers that have a minimum impedance WELL BELOW the 4 and 6 ohm nominal impedance, when being fed a signal. In this situation, the receiver will attempt to protect itself by having the fan turn on. In the extreme case, the unit will protect itself by shutting down, and go into standby mode. This is an indication that the speaker in question is not compatible with our receiver."

My question is, should I go with the M80's or should I go with the M60's? I like the setup of the M80's with the dual tweeters and midranges, but I do not want to fry my H/K receiver.

Thanks,

Don