Hello Corsabrin,

I really think you should check the thread in Hearing Things and see if you can find someone in your area where you can audition the Axioms.

That said, Revel speakers are designed by Kevin Voecks, who spent part of his career in Canada designing for Mirage. While there, he did work at the NRC where Axiom prototypes were developed and tested. Kevin left Mirage and designed some excellent speakers for Snell, then went to Revel.

I've heard the expensive Revels and they're very good--they have the same neutrality and transparency that the Axioms possess, and of course they are much more costly.

I've not heard the specific Concerta models you mention. Revel is owned by Harman International, who owns Infinity, so they may share some components, although Harman tends to let its individual companies run their own shows with little or no cross-pollination.

Given the costs of dealer maintenance, I doubt that the low-priced Revels would match the Axiom's performance, but that's just speculation on my part.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)