I have an "assortment" of DVD players at my house. Several very cheap ones, and my nicer Panasonic S97 in my home theater.

I took a few days making backup copies of my kids' movies that were scratched up to heck (see other post on that one) and now the newly burned, dual layer DVD +R discs work on the cheap players flawlessly, but on my S97 SOME of them stop during the "FBI warning" and such. Others don't. Basically, it goes through the FBI and "Don't copy" warnings, then hits the "this film is rated G" or whatever screen and freezes on 4 of the 7 that I did already, but again, only on my Panasonic S97.

Can anyone think of why this would be? I quickly glanced at the Panasonic web site and didn't find any helpful information.

I would think that if it was something with the dual layer media that they all would fail, or fail at the same spot, but this is brand name Memorex media which I have had great success with in the past.

The only other thing that I can think of is that I put DVD labels on the discs, but they are REALLY close to being dead centered on them, so I don't think that they are off balance or anything, and again, my cheap $25 DVD player plays them, as does this really off brand, "Walmart special" home theater in a box piece of crap thing.

Ideas?

I have relatives coming for the weekend starting Saturday afternoon and they haven't seen my home theater and I would really like to show it off, and one of the discs that looks really good is one of these backup copies of the scratched ones. HELP!

Farewell - June 4, 2020